Ratings for Dr. Joseph E. Kiefer

Dr Joseph Kiefer lacks compassion, is rude, argumentative, unprofessional and has a terrible bedside manner! He became angry when I got a second opinion after having gone to the wound care center at Sacred Heart for 2 1/2 years and because I declined to have surgery that he suggested! He refused to look at a foot XRay that I had questions about and accused my son of not taking good care of me which is utterly ridiculous!! He is a disgrace to the medical profession and should be ashamed to call himself a doctor!! I would not recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Joseph E. Kiefer

Dr. Joseph E. Kiefer's response
Thank you for reaching out about your concerns. We try very hard to meet the expectations of our patients and greatly value all feedback. I will share your comments with Dr. Kiefer. If we may get in touch to discuss your concerns in greater detail, please send your preferred contact information to Bcassady06@gmail.com.

Submitted June 22, 2017

My last experience made me realize that the staff and doctor care more about themselves than the patients they serve, and they have a very difficult time admitting a mistake. They do not have very compassionate care there. I will be looking for a new podiatrist and will request my $25 copay since I did not see the doctor because of his nurse, Tara. After writing a confidential letter to the doctor, I have not received a response about the abuse I received there from Tara.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I've been going to Dr. Kiefer for about 2 or 3 years, and I've been very pleased with him. He is very friendly, and answers all my questions thoroughly. And, my feet always feel better when I leave there.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

After an out of state incident, I ended up with multiple large pieces of Pressured Treated wood splinters in my right foot. After visiting my primary care doctor and him sending me to the ER and being admitted to the hospital for an emergency surgery to remove a large splinter due too much infection & swelling. After the swelling reduced and coloring returned to normal I discovered that I still had another splinter approx. 1.5” from the surgery area. I visited my primary care doctor again on Monday and he suggested seeing a podiatrist. He recommended Dr. Kiefer. My primary care office suggested I call for an appointment and she would follow up with referral. I called and spoke with Leta. She was less than pleased that I had called before the referral was received. Then she proceeded to ask questions. When I replied my DOB as 09 for September, it confused her and she kept trying to say my DOB was in June. She wanted to know why I said 0 in front of the 9. She became quite frustrated & short over this. She then returned from putting me on a long hold stating she had an appointment Wednesday at 3:30pm. When I requested another time or day and I explained that I am completely open except for that day & time as our sons have weekly music lessons. She then replied can’t you have someone else handle that? I replied that I am on pain medication and the problem is on my right foot & driving foot and I shouldn’t be driving. Her response was “well you don’t live very far away”. Leta emailed my new patient forms and then calls stating that there was a cancelation and they could now see me at 4 that same day, Monday. I little while later she calls again and say they have had another cancellation and could I make 3:30. I replied fine and we’ll see you at 3:30. We arrive at 3:30 with the completed new patient forms and wait until 3:50 and then I am taken back. The nurse was fine and then another nurse came in to take me to be x-rayed. I explained that it is a wood splinter and have been told by a multiple of different heath care professionals that as I have had x-rays, MRI’s and CT Scans the wood splinter will not show on an x-ray and I do not want to be exposed to anymore x-rays than needed. She then replied that “It is our policy to x-ray everyone and the doctor will NOT see you unless you have been x-rayed” and the then threw my file on to the counter. At that point I decided that I was not going to be subject to any more of their lack of empathy, professional courtesy. Please understand that I am still in pain and I decided to walk out on the mini “OR” and asked to speak with Dr. Kiefer. I waited in the waiting room and Dr. Kiefer never came out as requested. When I asked when he would be available I was told “He is with patients that have appointments” I replied that I am also a patient with an appointment for 3:30. She then asked the office manager to assist and I heard her say “I’m not talking to him”. At that point I requested a refund of my copay. I am not sure of the office drama going on, but it is quite obvious that it needs immediate attention. I thought that perhaps Dr. Kiefer would call the next day as I requested and he has not. Sadly, a patient in pain would rather continue to be in pain then be treated as I was by a doctor’s office staff. While I can’t say anything about Dr. Kiefer as I never actually saw him as a result of his staff. All the other healthcare professionals that I have seen at multiple locations though this experience have had empathy, compassion and a genuine concern for my wellbeing and actually happy to see & help me. That is completely absent at Dr. Kiefers office! Perhaps that is why there are the cancellations?

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr. Keifer is the Best! His staff are courteous, sincere and helpful. Dr. Kiefer corrected a surgery gone bad by a local podiatrist. His clinic is an asset to our city.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

After two Doctors Dr Zkiefer hit the right diagnosis and handled the issue !

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. Kiefer is amazing. Had bunion surgery twice this year and couldn't be happier with the results; absolutely no pain. Would highly recommend Dr. Kiefer; he's great to work with and really cares about his patients. Interviewed another local Podiatrist and Dr. Kiefer was so much more informative and friendly!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

One of the most satisfying experiences I've had (am a Sr. Citizen) with a health professional(Dr.) and his/her 'supporting staff' (in this instance, it was Misty, Christina, Faye, and Judy in follow-up. Doctor Kiefer was courteous, alert, intelligent and patient -- with presence and an assuring manner. He was thoroughly knowledgable about and discussed/explained in detail my podiatric and related diabetes issues. After completing his examination, he clearly articulated an in-depth diagnosis of my 'problems' and recommended 'next steps' in the treatment of my subject health issues, including referral to a specialist (another top-notch Dr.) to gather additional information by examination, and recommend curative treatment accordingly. I'm very pleased about, and consider myself fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Kiefer by my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Dr. Joseph E. Kiefer's Credentials

• College Podiatric Medicine And Surgery University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1987)