Ratings for Dr. Peter Lok

Good knowledge, too greedy all about money. Not concerns about patient issue or try to help. All about looking for return business, like production line business.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I first went to Dr. Lok in 2003 for chronic and debilitating back pain/compressed L4/L5. I was desperate for relief, and he was my last chance before I was going to have surgery. I couldn't do anything physical without causing severe back pain. I didn't have any faith that it would work, but figured why not give it a chance. I was treated for six times over a two week period. I initially felt some relief, but not a lot. A couple of weeks after I discontinued treatment, thinking it didn't work for me, I started to feel much better. Two months after I had begun my treatment, I was pain free. I was really surprised because I had no faith in acupuncture working for me. I hadn't been pain free in over 15 years. Now I could do yard work, and other physical activities without having to spend the rest of the day on an icepack or heating pad just to survive the pain. Now eleven years later (2014) I am still feeling great. I find that about every two to three years I need to go back for four or five treatments to keep me going. I do still use a chiropractor every couple of months to adjust me, but acupuncture is the key. I've referred several friends and family members to Dr. Lok, and everyone that has gone to him had positive results from the treatment. I've yet to send someone to him that thought it would help them, but after some nagging, I got them to go. Several of them were afraid of the needles. The needles are very fine and don't hurt. Once they were treated, they were believers too. A guy I work with was permanently disabled from a back injury and spinal surgery, and after going to Dr. Lok, he was able to return to full duty at work. He gives Dr. Lok full credit for giving him back his life. He not only will treat back pain, he treats a lot of other issues as well. If you're looking for a great acupuncturist, I highly recommend Dr. Lok. Although he is by appointment only, I've never had to wait to get in to see him. I call ahead and get right in. If you're in pain please give him a try. What do you have to lose? I understand the hesitation to try it, but don't do like I did and put it off.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

My neck and shoulder been causing me such severe pain! I been back to my neck surgen, two different pain management doctors and my family doctor I had cortisone injections physical therapy and massages plus narcotics NONE OF THEM HELPED ME ! I decide to see a chiropractor regardless that my neck was fused ! On my way looking for a chiropractor I seen a sign that read Dr.Peter Lok Acupuncture I walked in and seen several people in the waiting area since I did not have an appointment I was nervous they were going to say were all booked for the day! I asked the girls behind the counter if I could be seen today I was pleasantly surprised when she said yes ! 15 min. later my name was called I explained to the doctor Lok the pain and agony I was in he inserted needles in my head neck and shoulder turned of the light and said now relax 30 min. later the pain was 80% gone !! I couldnt believe how good I felt Dr.Lok is like no other doctors he actually listens to his patients !

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013