Ratings for Dr. Wesley D. Powell

My daughter loves going to the dentist because she has always has such a wonderful experience at this practice. Everybody is friendly and very competent and go out of their way to put kids at ease. Dr. Powell is definitely my family dentist for my kids.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

We had our first dental visit with your office and my son (3) had a great experience. When he left he said it was fun. Mary Ellen was so sweet with him. We are glad we chose your office.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

We have been coming to Dr. Powell's for 10 years. We have been very pleased with the work they do.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Great trip to the dentist for both of my girls. Great staff. No waiting. Clean & kid-friendly office. Overall wonderfulexperience.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr. Powell is a great pediatric dentist. When I started taking my son to thisoffice he had a lot of cavities. He has not had any in several years! I would highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr. Powell was great with the kids and did a great job explaining everything to me as a parent. The entire staff was warm and welcoming for our first visit, and made the kids feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I have always been happy with Dr. Powell and his staff. Very friendly, very professional, and great with my kids! I have, and will continue to, recommend this practice to my friends.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

The staff is friendly and timely, the office is clean and welcoming, and best of all they put my 4-year-old at ease- he loves going to the dentist and is always excited for his next visit :)

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Great experience....great office staff.....excellent doctors

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Excellent experience. My two sons (13 and 16) and have been going since they had teeth. The waiting area is awesome! All of the doctors and staff that we have interacted with have been super friendly and welcoming. My kids do not hate going to this dentist office.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. Wesley D. Powell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wesley Powell graduated from the McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He then attended Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, where he earned a degree in Anthropology. He attended Columbia University School of Dentistry and Oral Surgery in New York, New York for his dental training. Dr. Powell then completed a three-year residency program in Pediatric Dentistry while earning a Masters Degree in Clinical Dentistry at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Upon completion of his residency, Dr. Powell practiced for two years in suburban Washington, D.C. at a pediatric/orthodontic practice before relocating to Atlanta. While there, he was on staff at Arlington Hospital. Dr. Powell is a member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry, American Dental Association, Virginia Dental Association, Georgia Dental Association and the Better Business Bureau. Dr. Powell served as the Atlanta representative for Crest, Proctor and Gamble for Children’s Dental awareness month speaking to inner city children and also appeared on local television to promote dental health. He is currently a member of Gnathos, a continuing education organization that deals solely with the orthodontic treatment and clinical modification of growth and development of growing children and teens. Atlanta Dental Coordinator for the charitable organization Team Smile and the Atlanta Falcons. This organization teams with a local professional sports team to provide free dental care and screenings to children in many NFL/NBA cities including some colleges (including UGA!) around the country. Dr. Powell resides in Buckhead. He has one son, Pearson, and two two Jack Russells Sophie & Cowboy. He enjoys golf, travel, snow skiing, the outdoors and fishing. He is active in the community with numerous foundations and community service organizations including the National Black Arts Festival, Camp Sunshine, and Lanier Partners of North Georgia. Dr. Powell is a member of Peachtree Presbyterian Church and has participated with helping with pre-school children.

• English