Ratings for Dr. Joseph E. Murray

I saw Dr Murray several times probably about 15 years ago for Type II diabetes His staff was surly ( that could be different now). He was very angry with me because I could not get my blood sugar under control. I was very obese at the time and was seriously struggling with adjusting to newly diagnosed diabetes. I tried to tell him that part of the problem was that I was very depressed and he actually yelled at me like a child implying that was not true that I wasn't trying. I left his office hysterically crying and never went back. I ended up in counseling and on an anti-depressant. Eventually, I got hooked up with Dr. Miguel Rivera, who has been a Type I diabetic on a pump since childhood. He and his staff have always been so kind and caring and, even when I had setbacks, would just encourage me. Well, I have lost 60 pounds with 30 more to go and my A1C is perfect!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

HE IS THE VERY BEST. I FEEL PRIVILEGED TO BE HIS PATIENT. HE IS SO KNOWLEDGABLE, ALWAYS GREETS HIS PATIENTS WITH A SMILE & A VERY CARING ATTITUDE. LISTENS AS WELL AS GUIDING YOU TO THE PATH OF CONTROLLING YOUR DISEASE, MINE IS DIABETES & ARTHERIOSLEROSIS.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I really liked Dr. Murray. He was conservative and did not rush to put me on meds. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

This is the best doc EVER. None better. I have seen this doctor every 90 days for the past 4 years for my diabetes. He is always on time. I have NEVER had to wait. I never feel rushed out. He explains everything and answers ALL questions. His knowledge is phenomenal. We trust our lives with out doctors and this doctor is certainly worth that trust. Having worked in a medical arena, I have seen many doctors and very very few come up to the level of this doctor. I feel privileged to be one of his patients.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

The staff is competent, polite and very nice. Dr. Murray is a pretty good doctor...he actually listens! He does not hector his patients, but he will tell you what's what. I feel he really listens to me and THINKS before he gives me an answer. I have never felt"blown off" by this physician. I am an insulin diabetic and he has really worked with me to help keep my glucose readings down. He will work with you as hard as you are willing to work with him. An all-around pretty good doc. I will never switch. Jesuit-LSU boy. I am hard to please because I have a real doctor phobia, but I like this guy!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010