Ratings for Dr. Daniel S. SCHULMAN

This Podiatrist placed a late Addendum with incorrect information in my medical records against the HIPPA Medical information rules.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

This doctor failed to diagnose my left foot problem. He said the swelling was edema due to eating salty food. He called my PCP ordering water pills ($8.00) and to buy a compression stocking ($26.00). My foot condition did not improve. Had to check my left foot with another doctor whom diagnosed my illness as Cellulite Infection and prescribed strong antibiotics. Because of this doctor incompetency I lost $59.00 dollars! A waste of time and money!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I just had a third foot surgery with Dr. Schulman (I wear high heels everyday so my feet take a beating). He is excellent. Very personable and professional. He knows what he is doing. If you are compliant with his post-surgery instructions, you will heal as you should. Everything went well. No issues and no complications. I highly recommend and trust Dr. Schulman.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

It has been a few years since i have seen this doctor. I had seen him as a kid to help with flat feet, got shoe inserts, hurt too bad to wear them so i stopped. Came back in high school to look at my bunions because my growth plates had stopped growing so it was time. He was a nice guy. He scheduled me for surgery on my left foot over the summer. From what i remember he explained everything to me before going in. In the middle of surgery i woke up in pain because i could feel it on my foot. They put a (very painful) numbing shot in my foot and i stayed awake the rest of the surgery. It took a couple months to heal, a lot of pain and swelling as well. Which is normal i believe. But the way it was left looks strange. My big toe is about 4 cm away from my second toe, he told me in time it would go back but didn't. On to the second surgery, Mistakingly went back the next summer for the other foot. Surgery went better than the first, Painful first month. Came in for a checkup and he unwrapped the bandages, guess what.. Still had a bunion. Smaller than it was but still there. I asked him why, he said its because of the swelling and extra skin. He also explained that he took less off the bone this time. Its been about 3-4 years and i still have a separated toe. My bunion is still on my foot and painful again, not to mention the scars he left. One is half an inch thick, the other is a whole inch thick on one end of the four inch scar. It is just awful, waste of money, time, and pain. Will not go back, hopefully i'll find one to correct the problems.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I was greeted by an arrogant "gosh, I'm a busy guy" man; I wasn't even sure he was the Dr. He laughed at my break, said to wait another 6 months for it to heal, summarily dismissed me & walked out. As a Diabetic, my Endo. wanted me to go back to same doc, have x-rays this time & see what he suggested since it was now over a year since my accident & over 6 mos. since I saw this guy. With a little hesitation, I made appt & showed up. He burst into the room with a resident in tow (God help him), looked at x-ray, said "Yep, it's still broken, whattaya' need?" Explained, he again laughs & says, you can get use to the pain because it's on the joint & isn't gonna' heal or (looks at intern) I can do surgery, put plate & screws, yadda, yadda, yadda....which one sounds better to you?" I am a retired paralegal (criminal & civil) and I have never been as taken aback as I was at that debacle of an appointment. After being dismissed again, as his majesty exited the room, the Intern mouthed to me "sorry". My hope was renewed by the next generation. I cannot find the words to adequately describe these experiences; I can only share them. I have moved on to a man who understood the oath he took as a physician, as opposed to the man that I would consider an ineffective Veterinarian! The choice would be yours..........the other physicians may be the best ever. I'm just sorry I didn't get one of them.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr Schulman knowledge of my problem was superior. He quickly diagnosed what another doctor missed.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I had a bad experience with a Podiatrist a couple of years earlier who cut too deep on a hard skin growth on my toe. I am diabetic and I had an open wound there for over a year. A couple of months ago I asked my new primary care for a referral and he sent me to Dr. Schulman to just clip my toenails. He did that and then noticed hard skin on that toe and began to cut it. I yelled for him to stop but held on tight to my foot and continued cutting despite my objections saying it had to be done or it would grow worse. That may have been true but I believe a patient has a right to be advised and give consent before a procedure is performed. It's been over a month and my toe is still sore. I usually read reviews before I see a new doctor but hadn't this time. I've never taken the time to write a review before but this experience has motivated me. I will not be visiting this arrogant man again.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I was a current patient and arrived for an appointment for surgical consult. I left my wallet at home and didn't have a credit card to pay the $30 co-pay. The office manager spoke with Dr. Schulman and when she returned told me he wouldn't see me without payment in advance. I will find another podiatrist who understands the value of customer service.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

I am completely shocked to say the least at those previous reviews. I was referred to Dr. Schulman by several of my friends and colleagues and as well as the Phoenix Magazines ( Top Doctors). I had a wonderful experience as well. The staff was very professional and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Dr. Daniel S. SCHULMAN's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1997)