Ratings for Dr. Vega Lalire

Dr. Lalire did not help me as a matter of fact she hurt me a lot. When I was her patient I was a size eight teenage girl,that size is quite average. Vega is a big and tall women herself and due to her discomfort with her size she body shamed me even though I was there to get help with degrading body shaming harassment I was experiencing in school her answer was always "Well you are not very thin" and "your body is not appreciated in this time period" I also had an eating disorder that I feared sharing with her since she clearly disapproved of my aesthetic. Toward the end of my being her patient I told her about my disorder and she only continued with similar comments. It is quite difficult to deal with a therapist who deals with her own misgivings about her looks by intelligently degrading a troubled young lady who has been referred to her for help. She was paid a lot of money by my family and she HURT me deeply and did not help me at all.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015