Ratings for Dr. Robert D. Hower

Dr. Hower failed to answer any of my questions I had for him. When I asked him the difference between a Probiotic and Prebiotic he had no idea and said that they are basically the same thing. This is completely wrong, and pretty basic knowledge for a digestive doctor. Just prior to my colonoscopy, I asked if he reviewed my CT scan, and he knew nothing about it, while I verified the with a nurse the prior day that Dr, Hower did have my CT scan. When I arrived for my colonoscopy, he told me the nurses were trying to contact me in the morning to re-schedule to an earlier time. I later overheard that my "scheduled" appointment was affecting his vacation time. Very unprofessional. Avoid this doctor for a colonoscopy or upper GI scope, and don't expect him to have any answers for you.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Hyper-caffeinated, jittery individual who was completely unhelpful. My elderly mother has been having severe gastrointestinal problems. I accompanied her to several appointments, multiple tests (including 2 colonoscopies) and still Dr. Hower has no idea whether she has diverticulitis or IBS. He said they would discuss treatment options after the 2nd colonoscopy and not before. It was insisted that I be there to discuss the test results while she was still under anesthesia from the procedure. I refused because I felt she needed to hear the results herself when she was able to take it all in. Both colonoscopies were rough for her. After the last colonoscopy she called Hower's office for results and treatment. He did not speak to her but offered no definitive answers, no treatment options and no offers for future appointments to get to the bottom of my mom's illness. Bottom line is he ordered multiple tests, garnered revenue for his practice and my mom is still suffering.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Dr. Robert D. Hower's Credentials

• Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal