Ratings for Dr. Sarah S. Ganjavi

Just moved to Vienna and was referred to Dr Ganjavi by my son's orthodontist (Dr Ghaffari). Dr Ganjavi was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Her office was very kis friendly as was her staff.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I was impressed when we started with her and I liked that she advertised that she was special needs friendly. What I don't like is once you share that your child has SN the bias sets in. They tell you they mark the file to give your child extra attention and yes, there is some truth to that. However, they are quick to recommend GENERAL anesthesia for procedures even if your child has zero behavioral issues and no more anxiety than a typical kid.I have seen neurotypical kids with significant anxiety and non-compliance and have asked their parents and sure enough nobody mentioned going under. Guess what? If you have concerns you can at least recommend a mild oral sedative rather than something potentially life threatening. May not be as easy as dealing with a child who does not move at all, but it's probably safer for the child.After we left we easily found a dentist who saw our kid as a person, not a disability and she reported he was less work than most typical kids she sees.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013