You may also like

Rate Dr. Rocklin D. Alling

Dr. Rocklin D. Alling's Ratings

rude and unprofessional comments made by Dr. Rocklin after my procedure overshadowed the quality of the work performed. Bedside manner was appalling and disrespectful. The nursing staff was very condescending and weird. There are better surgeons in Birmingham.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2905025].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 25, 2015

I normally never take time to leave comments;however, I read a negative comment about Dr. Alling and the man have had my dental experience is not like that. I went to a cheaper dentist to have extractions so I know a sadistic dentist when I am their patient and Dr. Alling has been so kind, caring and compassionate to my situation that I completely am flabbergasted by one of these reviews and honestly do not believe it. I am still under Dr. Alling's care so I will update but so far he has corrected where a sadistic dentist put me through h*ll. He has been understanding of my fears and worked me in right away when I had an emergency. He cares about his patients and is extremely knowledgeable. I am blessed to have him and his team working to fix what has been damaged.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2694623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I had a HORRIFIC experience!! I have NEVER had anyone inflict that kind of pain on me in my life. I have 4 children and had lengthy labors with each one and that paled in comparison with this. I would not recommend this man to treat anyone. He barely spoke to me, I was in the dental chair less than 10 minutes and I received nitrous, my shots, and my extraction in that short amount of time. I was sobbing through-out the procedure and I have NEVER cried during any kind of procedure in my life. I feel I have a pretty high pain tolerance and my pain was excruciating!! I never do these kind of surveys, but my feelings were so hurt by my experience I just had to share this.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][272815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

Dr. Alling was awesome! The staff was very friendly and on time. He even called to check on me the night of the surgery. I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][272814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

It is VERY hard to find a caring dentist and one that will not recommend something just for the money. I had a consultation with another surgeon and, instead of pulling the one tooth like I wanted, he was insisting I pull two teeth under general anesthesia even though I didn't want that. I decided to get a 2nd opinion and came across Dr. Alling's name. Rather than try to take my money or perform the procedure, he suggested I explore my options. It took me a LONG time to decide to remove the tooth, but I was very worried it was the wrong thing 2 do due to my situation; Dr. Alling felt the same way without me even saying anything. Very rare to find a dentist who looks out for the future dental health of a patient. Also, Dr. Allings staff fit me in on short notice. I saw their interaction with other patients and they seem like they really care and the patients trust the staff which is always a good sign.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][272813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr Alling is a SUPER oral surgeon. He listened to my fears and addressed them. I had 3 wisdom teeth removed. I had ZERO pain and HIGHLY rec him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][272812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2012

Dr. A does a phenomenal job. I'd highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][272811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Dr. Alling is (+ was) very professional but still provided an atmosphere that made me feel at ease, even while at the Dentist office. I highly recommend him for anyone in need of a great surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][272810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

This Dr. and his staff were very professional and timely. I never waited in the waiting room for even 5 minutes! Dr. Alling was super nice and real personable. I was nervous about having all 4 of my wisdom teeth out and the staff calmed me down and I felt at ease with them. I had only minor problems post-op which had nothing to do with the Dr or his ability as a surgeon. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone needing oral surgery. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][272809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2011

he is a great surgeon! best one i've ever been too

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][272808].votes_count ]]