Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Sandler

It IS a factory. Staff is ice cold but SANDLER is warm. Don’t like their embryo discard policy. Studies have shown that embryos that seem defective aren’t. Because they’re not doing a full genetic test. Many older embryos are mosaic and fine. I’d say this practice is good for under 40 but if you’re older there are devoted places. Unless you’re ok using donor eggs. The reality is after 42 no matter where you go chances are super slim with own eggs. Unless you previously froze. Please ladies transfer one good one. I had complications with twins. Not uncommon. Also didn’t like that I couldn’t bring my twins there. They don’t want kids in the office as if the women will break down.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Dr. Sandler is very knowledgeable. He was very clear about my options. He told me I was going to be a mom and at 44 I had a beautiful baby girl. The practice is frustratingly busy, but it is worth the wait (in my case almost a year) because RMA knows what it is doing, I see that many reviews complain about having to speak to the nurses as opposed to the doctors. I note that the nurses are very helpful and knowledable themselves. They always called me back and answered all of my questions.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Sandler and his team at RMA. I think they are extremely organized and efficient. They have specific times to take care of all aspects from drawing blood to transfers to returning calls etc. All staff was courteous and professional. Yes, you have to wait for your blood to be drawn, but if you got there early you could be out of there within 15 minutes. They tell you it's first come first serve. Sometimes I waited an hour. RMA had no problem writing me a doctor note when I was late to work on occasion. Dr Sandler never rushed us and always answered our questions thoroughly. He clearly does his homework prior to each consultation (by reviewing our tests, results, background information). He always addressed us by name and made us feel confident in his abilities and knowledge. Dr Sandler started with the least invasive treatment first and got progressively more aggressive when I didn't become pregnant. I was fortunate and only had one round of IVF before becoming pregnant. We now have a healthy baby boy! Dr Sandler explained that while he was our doctor and would see him for consults, I would be seeing all of the doctors in the practice during routine ultrasounds, retrieval, and transfer. RMA was very upfront about everything. The only thing that was confusing was payment and what our insurance covered. They have financial consultants that help you understand your insurance plan. The bills were never a surprise. I recommend you ciphen enough from your paycheck for Flexpay. They have estimates of patient cost. Also, shout out to the nurses: from those that quickly drew your blood to those explaining the medication & returning your phone calls. They also have videos to show you how to administer the medication. I was very impressed with their efficiency. Some say that it is like a factory... I say they know what they are doing & found the best way to do it. I had a good experience with them and I saw them for approximately 8 months prior to being released to my obgyn. I highly recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Zero bedside manners. With his superficiality he risked my life. Stay away from Dr Sandler and from RMA

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr Sandler helped me have a successful IVF in just one round, and I have twoo children now. One was a fresh embryo transfer and the other one a frozen embryo transfer two years later. RMA is at the forefront of scientific expertise in reproductive technologies, and has an excellent lab. Dr Sandler is experienced and good. I am grateful I went there and worked with him. At the same time, I did not enjoy my experience at RMA. It is a fertility factory, and I felt removed from Dr Sandler, mostly interacted with other nurses and doctors. Even though I did several treatments with him (egg freezing, one IVF, two rounds of frozen embryo transfer), I don't feel he remembered me well. At our last visit, I was stressed because I had arrived at fhe clinic before 7 am and still waited over an hour to see him, which made me late for work. When I told him I was stressed about the wait, he was quite irritated and just briskly told me it was my choice to wait or to leave. He seems easily defensive, and can take questions as critisizm. I also did not find him to provide good explanations (he kept aspects of the treatment vague), and sometimes he said contradictory things. For example, he told us not to use my frozen eggs but to do IVF instead, as frozen eggs have poor outcome rates in producing viable embryos. So we spent $20,000 on a round of IVF. Two years later, when we looked into the option of using these eggs, he expressed optimism that it would work. That made us wonder whether we should have used the eggs in the first place. Lastly: I had several interactions with Dr Flisser at RMA and he sermed great. He gave us much clearer information, and seemed less defensive/ variable.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

We felt we were in the right hands from the start. He was thorough, straightforward and positive. The medical staff are truly wonderful, so caring, and transfer day was one of those most special days I've ever experienced because of the high standard of care and teamwork. We are now expecting twins. He said it would be straightforward and it was.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I'd recommend Dr. Sandler, but not his clinic, RMANY. RMANY is only interested in money, not in it's patients.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Sandler and the staff at rma are the best. Had several bad experiences at another fertility clinic named after an ivy league university. I was reluctant to go to RMA but so happy I went. I felt the previous place only wanted my money, you paid before receiving any services. RMA staff were very friendly and I only had to wait 20 minutes only once

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Bad experience, not because the treatment did not work, is because they did not know what to do with my case. Still looking for the best doctors in fertility. Sandler is just a waste of money and time.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I like dr SANDLER. He was not mushy or overly friendly but very competent. Diagnosed my endocrine problem. Tried 2 yrs at 33 no baby. After seeing him conceived within 6 mos. staff there is so RUDE. I saw them ask a mom with a kid to hide the kid like I can't look at a kid! Long wait too. Nice office though and great location near subway

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014