Ratings for Dr. Stephen H. Fehnel

Very unprofessional office and clinic - never go there. Stay far far away

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

Dr. Fehnel is the worst doctor I have ever been to. He does not listen to you at all - he does not even LOOK at you while he is talking to you. I was discussing a new problem with him and he explained spoke to me for about 30 minutes and did not look at my face once. He makes me very uncomfortable, and I feel that he is very rude and arrogant. I will NEVER go back to him again - stick with Dr. Pellegrini!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Fehnel treats you more like a friend then a patient...always with a smile. He explains things thoroughly and he never talks over you. He's a great surgeon and physician. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Fehnel for 24 yrs. He delivered my first child and performed my first surgery which was a hysterectomy. I would not have wanted anyone else but him to guide me through my procedure. The best thing that he could have done was inform my husband of the changes I would be going through which also made my husband aware also. I feel Dr, Fehnel is very knowledgable in his field and will share it with you so you also understand. Sometimes he may tell you things you dont want to hear but it is always for your own good. His bedside manner is great, we always have had a great patient/doctor relationship. I wouldnt want anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr Fehnel is a very knowledgeable surgeon. However, he does not relate to patients very well and I don't think he listens to what you are saying. He is very clinical but informative. I prefer someone who is friendlier and can relate in laymans terms. He was pressuring me about having an additional procedure and I just held my ground and told him he could do the surgery how I wanted or I would cancel and go elsewhere. I beleive he was caught offguard a bit, but agreed to do it my way. Doctors have to understand that the patient is in charge and they have been hired to perform a service. It's been almost a year and so far I've had good results. I would seriously have to consider going to him again mostly because of his bedside manner and arrogance. I am considering changing practices, mostly because the doctors lack that personal care that people are looking for. The nursing staff is good and friendly, but very rushed. My last appointment was over an hour wait time.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Did surgery for endometriosis and then told me basically that my pain was "all in my head". Blew off my friend who was a nurse and tried to talk to him. Never again!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

Dr. Fehnel is quite good. His bedside manner is comforting and reassuring. He is a nice person in addition to being a good doctor. Sometimes, he may be late for an appointment, but it is because he may be with a patient who needs him longer OR he is delivering a baby! Knowing that he will take his time with a patient who need him makes me feel good about having him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2007

Dr. Stephen H. Fehnel's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Reading, PA