Ratings for Dr. Douglas S. Rait

He definitely helped us save our marriage. He was caring, sharp, and provided us with very direct feedback.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Excellent experience. Understanding, compassionate, and very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I thought seeing Dr Rait would be constructive and help our relationship. Our relationship only got worse. I admit I'm no prize and certainly have some issues (don't we all) but it was the worst. We continued to go week after week for more than a year. After each appt, my wife and I left with more anger or resentment than we had walking in. I asked about ways to help us communicate better. He told me there were other people for that and we wasn't going to waste his time. Since when is communicating in a relationship not a good idea? I finally had to say I was going to stop coming because I saw our relationship degrade week after week. I'm not opposed to counseling, but I will never see him again and wish we never started with him. I'm astonished though because when you read about his accomplishments and awards in the bio on the website you feel lucky to see him. My wife and I seem better off now than when we started.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015