Ratings for Dr. Thirumala Raju

I have been seeing Dr Raju for the past 2 years and she also is my family doctor. I have always been seen on time, always had my phone calls returned promptly, and the best thing is she seems to be very logical than going by rote all the time.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Great at finding the real cause of problems instead of writing ANOTHER pill!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I saw Dr. Raju three times and all my visits with her were very professional. I felt cared for and listened by her. She did not prescribed medicines just because my reading was a number up from the medical chart, which I appreciated. She discussed diet instead.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I went in for a sore throat, I already felt terrible but Dr. Raju made me feel worse by the time I left her office. I don't feel like she listened to me and instead asked me if I had other problems which some of them were true, but not all of them (and not related to treating the sore throat). Including asking if I had headaches often, which I don't and she replied, "They will come." Thanks... So I ended up with an antibiotic for the sore throat that she said was strep (but no swab nor test was done) and Prilosec OTC for the heartburn she said that was affecting the sore throat, even though I told her that I don't have heartburn. It's been a week since I've been off the antibiotic and the sore throat is back. I'm not sick often so this is a red flag to me. I'm only leaving this comment during my search for another doctor and I wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking for a new doctor. She may be right for others but not me, that's for sure.

Submitted August 8, 2014

Tried to make an appointment as a new patient. Dr. Raju's staff referred me to urgent care to treat an existing condition, and then asked me to call back later to schedule a regular checkup. I started looking into Urgent Care centers when it occurred to me that maybe not not all doctors would turn away patients. So instead I called the second doctor on my list whose staff booked me in right away. I don't know yet what treatment will entail but I can't imagine much more than a simple in-patient procedure would be necessary to deal with an infection due to an embedded splinter. It seems ridiculous that Dr. Raju would kick a potential customer to Urgent Care for something so simple.

Submitted July 28, 2014

I saw Dr Raju after being with my previous doctor for 25 years and was nervous but i was pleasantly surprised. I didnt have to wait long she was thorough and personable. She made me laugh! I was on a bunch of medications which were causing issues that i was not aware of, and i have to say, she got me off half of them. My daughter who accompanied me to the appointment has also switched to her.Her next patient failed to show up so she spent more time which i really appreciated. Very compassionate and learned.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Contrary to another patient, I do not find Dr. Raju hurried or anxious to move on; my experience with her tells me otherwise. She asks the right questions. She tells you if the medication you are on is appropriate or not, and is not reluctant to recommend an alternative. She listens. I had a literal litany of things crop up since my last visit: she asked the appropriate questions, listened, evaluated and made recommendations for necessary testing (multi-possibilities), and prescribed medication as necessary, and also didn't request unnecessary testing or medications. Dr. Raju displays the right amount of caring professionalism - empathy, understanding and wanting to help one recover. I am 63, male, and have been to my share of doctors. I am very comfortable with Dr. Raju and highly recommend her to anyone. This is not surgery or a social call; I applaud her maturity and willingness to sit down and discuss matters before making any decisions. Highly regarded; highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Thirumala Raju's Credentials

• Osmania Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1992)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Raju for the past 2 years and she also is my family doctor. I have always been seen on time, always had my phone calls returned promptly, ..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great at finding the real cause of problems instead of writing ANOTHER pill!!!"

April 6, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Raju three times and all my visits with her were very professional. I felt cared for and listened by her. She did not prescribed medicines just bec..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor who will listen to your problems and discover diagnoses that you didn't even think about."

November 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been going to Dr. Raju for 2 years now. She spends time listening to me and asks a lot of questions. He staff is always very friendly and helpful"

September 23, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=2714075'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.3

February 6, 2014