Ratings for Dr. Kihong Kay

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Kay because he doesn't pays attention to basic etiquette principles. You won't get the typical greeting "Hello this is Dr. Kay's Office, how may I help you" when you call. Just "hello." Is this a business or did I dial the wrong number? First impression walking into the office: I asked if they just moved in because it looks unfinished, very bare. A reflection of the bare minimum Dr. Kay offers his patients in other aspects of his practice. I asked him how he got into Optometry and running his own business... he was very distant, possibly having a bad day. My second time going to his office he didn't remember who I was, which is unfortunate that he didn't use the opportunity from my first visit to get to know me and why having good vision is important to me. It took three weeks for the transaction between Dr. Kay and my insurance company to place new lends in my frame, and my new frames were delivered to his office, sitting in their box for an additional 5 days before I had to call in to check on their status. Dr. Kay's office acknowledged that they hadn't looked through their mail to see if my frames were there. I asked when I can come in to schedule a fitting with my new frames: usually eye doctors test them out to make sure their patients can see clearly and the frame rests well on the face or if it needs adjusting. The receptionist is always confused, I’ve watched him interact with other patients as well. The lends I'm wearing now feel uneasy. I can't ride my bike and see clearly in front of me. Other Doctor Offices have followed up with me after an appointment to ask if I can fill out a surveys. Dr. Kay's office hasn't reached out for feedback so I'm leaving it here. Until Dr. Kay becomes more invested in his practice and patients I would recommend that you continue looking for another Eye Doctor, someone that practices more diligence with the people they serve.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016