Ratings for Dr. Douglas W. Alderman

This office is hungry for your money....!!!!!!!!! I had heard great things about this place but have definitely been very disappointed. Sad to say that I honestly feel that I have been suckered for believing all things they said I NEEDED. I guess this is my fault for thinking that all dental facilities are open for the health of their patients and not the sales. :( I was told that I NEEDED a crown badly which I recently ask 2 other dental offices everything is fine with my tooth and just need a filling..!! Also WARNING! They call the DAY BEFORE your appointment (or send you a text message )and if you want to reschedule they charge you $50. What is the point of the confirmation call if they plan on charging you regardless? I called and asked if there was anyway this could be changed without a fee or even another time for that day. They pretty much gave me the hand. As I couldn't reschedule my work meeting - I called them back and told them I was very upset about this situation and didn't understand the point of a confirmation call if they were planning on charging regardless and that I am done with this dental office. The front desk lady told me "that's fine- goodluck." and that was the end of the call......SHOCKED....i had to pass this story on to the rest of the office because I could NOT believe their customer service. I then later received a call for the cancellation fee. I don't know if that is legal for trying to charging me for something they didn't do? Bottom line- Don't be fooled by what they tell you. Very very bad place to go. There are plenty of other Dentist in the city that will be real with you :)

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015