Ratings for Dr. Shelley R. Bailey

We started going to Dr. Bailey about 2 years ago and at first everything was fine. But for the past 6-8 months everything has gone down hill to the point we are considering looking for another Doctor. When you make an appointment you wait forever before you are seen, and then you are seen for maybe 10 mins. She has never taken lab work on my husband and I in the 2 years we have been going. I have also called and in the past had no problem with staff but whoever works front desk now needs a serious attitude adjustment. She is a complete witch! We do have insurance and work very hard and wish our doctor cared as well.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

VERY unhappy with this dr! She does not spend much time w/ you & is a very awkward person to talk to. I do not feel that she is that knowledgeable or helpful. The most frustrating part is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to talk to anyone on the phone when calling the office. Your only option is to leave a message. I have never had them return a call the same day & most of the time have to call 2 or 3 times to get anyone to call back. Staff is VERY RUDE! It's hard to feel that your doctor cares about your healthcare when it takes so much effort just to have a phone call returned. Took over 3 months to get a referral made. Have had problems w/ the billing dept. too. On more than 1 occasion the excuse of a staff member being sick has been used to explain why there is no punctuality. I feel that is a poor reason to ignore patients needs. Also, took more than a week to get a RX approved by her for insurance needs. She was not bothered that I was off my meds for over a week when I asked her about it.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2009

Great doctor. Actually took the time to listen to me and answer my questions. Explained different options to me and supported my decision.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2006

Dr. Bailey is in & out & spends very little time with you. You spend more time waiting than actual time with her. Not very sociable. Office staff is rude & do not expect to ever talk to a human being when you call. Always have to leave a message for an appointment, etc. & hope that they return the call within the next 48hrs.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2006

Dr. Shelley R. Bailey's Credentials

• Marshall University School Medicine (Grad. 2000)