Ratings for Dr. Michele L. Basche

The best doctor out there! She knows so much about what she is talking about

flag | Submitted March 19, 2019

I have only seen Dr. Basche once since I transferred to her office, her PA is the person who fills in during appointments and she is not able to answer health related questions. I get more information and health questions answered from the oncology rehabilitation therapists than I do my own oncologist (and PA). I find that a bit concerning.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr.Basche was excellent! She saw me through nearly a month long hospitalization after my initial colon resection (due to stage IIIa colon cancer diagnosis). She monitored my DVT and was incredibly thorough in her care. All through chemo, she tracked and adjusted my treatment regimen. Compassionate, caring, extremely knowledgeable and experienced. I feel very lucky to have her as my treating oncologist.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

My Dad was under Dr Basche's care for CLL. He died in 2 years. Early in his disease he had Chemo and several months later had a Staph infection in his port. This is not criticism of Dr Basche's care. When my Dad died, we had no idea he was dying even though I had spoken to Dr. Basche the day before. I know with HIPA she can't say much, but we had no indication that he was at the end. We received a call from the hospital in the middle of the night that my Dad was in trouble. The floor doctor was the one who told us that he was in grave condition and put him in ICU. He died several hours later. We never got a call from Dr. Basche explaining what happened, asking us if we had any questions, expressing her condolences. I would like to offer my advice to Dr. Basche. Please keep the family informed, and call the family afterward to answer questions and offer condolences. The hardest part of my Dad's death is being blindsided, after all he was riding his bike the week before he died.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

love her to bits .. wouldnt want another oncologist

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

Dr. Michele L. Basche's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

AHC