Ratings for Dr. Stephen E. Steinberg

He came highly recommended (by a doctor we respect), so I assume he is a good clinician, BUT....after waiting 7 weeks for an appointment for an EMR, the doctor's prescribed prep failed BOTH my wife and I. His primary hospital is in-network for very few insurance providers, so scheduling forced a complete change in our year's travel plans. At our post-op consult, he made it very clear that he: 1) wasn't responsible for fixing the health insurance problems in America, 2) our social schedule was not his problem, 3) he had no interest in making this (failure) right, and 4) even refused to accept responsibility for the prep procedure, attempting to blame the referring physician for choosing the prep (a flat out lie). Having done 7 previous preps, I found that the prep HE REQUIRED was different from the other SUCCESSFUL preps in 3 different aspects. The really upsetting part, however, was his apathy toward anything that wasn't his clinical procedure, and his quick willingness to flat out LIE to us in an attempt to avoid any responsibility.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Recently moved to FL; told I needed an ERCP procedure- called my GI in NY- told me- "Steinberg is the doctor to go to" He was right- great staff, great care, I feel great!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I also had a colon polyp that could not be removed at the colonoscopy. My GI sent me to him. He took it out, saved me from a surgery

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

At 50 I had my colonoscopy. A polyp was found that was too big/difficult to take out. Surgery was recommended. The surgeon suggested I see Dr. Steinberg- the doctor all the GI doctors send their difficult cases to - he was right; Dr. Steinberg removed the polyp and saved me from surgery. THANK kYOU!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

After Dr S saved me from a difficult surgery (esophagectomy) I wanted to tell my experience and noticed the previous review. I also had a serious esophagus problem (cancer). I had several visits and procedures. He cared about me and answered my questions- drew on a diagram. He never left the room without asking me and my husband two or three times if we had more questions. I also asked about getting another opinion from the Cleveland clinic- he said that was fine- he knew the doctors there since he had worked with and helped one of them. Thanks to him I had an outpatient scope and I am a cancer survivor. I don't get why someone would leave a doctor and then blame him for not getting the care he could have given them. It's too bad. I had a really good experience and didn't need major surgery

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Unfortunately, his rude manner, lack of interest and lack of explaining the medical situation, running away and not answering our questions, led my husband and I to leave his care early which was unfortunate as we might have caught his esophageal cancer in time to prevent the major surgery he needed at Cleveland Clinic. Although this doctor has skills and knowledge, he does not know how to relate to patients and this was disastrous for us. We recommend to all go to the Cleveland Clinic where all the doctors are excellent in all respects and listen to their patients.

Submitted July 8, 2017

Same as the other reviews- when you ask about specialty endoscopy- his name comes up again and again. I understand why. a superstar

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

PERFECTION IN GASTROENTEROLGY. PANCREATIC EXTRORDANAIRE, AND BEST OF THE BEST....

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

I was in need of an endoscopic ultrasound to stage the esophageal cancer with which I'd just been diagnosed. My doctor recommended Dr. Steinberg. I have friends who are doctors so I asked them to ask around. Same answer. Dr. Steinberg is THE doctor to go to. Visit scheduled quickly, same with my procedure. Caring staff, great communication, really good experience.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I needed an EUS- apparently he's the doctor the doctor's use- they were right- excellent care; caring staff

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Stephen E. Steinberg's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)