Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood

Found Dr Blackwood a very knowledgeable and helpful surgeon. She is so compassionate and consider all options and never rush you for her own choice of treatment rather asks you for your mind . Answers all your questions and let you think independently. I really admire her and recommend her if you want some doctor with positive energy to help you in recovering from breast cancer

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood's response
Thanks so much for your response. We really try to take good care of our patients and involve them in the decision making

Submitted April 9, 2018

she saved my life found my breast cancer early referred me to very good plastic surgeons for reconstruction

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood's response
We really believe that patients should become cancer free and look and feel well. We only want the best outcomes for our patients.

Submitted April 9, 2018

she was very thorough, explained everything, and saved my life. She also helped explain everything to my family.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood's response
Breast Cancer is a complex disease with many treatment options. We do believe that patients need all the information about their cancer, their genetics and their options. We try to explain this to them and fit their treatment to their preferences and their lifestyle.

Submitted April 9, 2018

Waited well over an hour for my consult. She seemed very compassionate, and is highly regarded but office was so disorganized I went elsewhere. I could not confidently trust them with my health, since they had so little regard for my time. Found a great surgeon elsewhere who didn't downplay my symptoms and ended up saving my life.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood's response
I am sorry you felt that we did not help you. Sometimes, we do have emergencies and many patients that require our attention that could delay us. We try to help everyone. However, we are glad you were able to get the help you needed.

Submitted April 9, 2018

cured my breast cancer and had a great team helping her...very compassionate and detail oriented. she does not rush you. She only ordered tests that were helpful...I went to her for dense breast tissue and she found my breast cancer. I am so lucky it was caught so early.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

I am so surprised about the positive reviews for Dr. M. Blackwood. In my experience, she provided no knowledge, input or advice other than pushing invasive tests. I guess that's what she gets paid to do.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood's response
We are sorry you felt this way. Dr. Blackwood does not order unnecessary tests. We cannot offer any other information because we do not know what this is in reference to.

Submitted April 9, 2018

Dr. Blackwood is the best! Not rushed, explained everything, answered all questions, took her time with you I felt most comfortable with her as my doctor. . I decided to go with Dr. Blackwood for my cancer surgery and she was my second opinion. Recommended a fantastic radiation oncologist and medical oncologist. I highly recommend her for breast cancer surgery and think she is the most competent and caring breast specialist in this area.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Did not like her...kept me waiting an hour. Brought a trainee in with her--did not ask if that is OK. She does not want you to disagree with her -- just go through all the very expensive testing even if it does not seem necessary. She comes off as arrogant. Would not go back.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood's response
We do have residents and medical students that rotate with us. They are an integral part of RWJBarnabas Health. However, If a patient does not want a resident in the room during her consult, they do not have to have the student doctors or residents there. We do let the patient choose.

Submitted April 9, 2018

Dr. Blackwood is FANTASTIC!!!! She is one of the most caring and compassionate Doctors I have ever met. She takes her time with you and answers all of your questions. I wish more doctors would treat their patients like she does!!! She also recommended another fantastic radiation oncologist for me to go to. I am so glad I had Dr. Blackwood as my surgeon when I went through my cancer surgery!!! She is the BEST!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I went to Dr. Blackwood and found her to be helpful and knowledgeable. Her staff is excellent and they all take the time to answer your questions.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal