Ratings for Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood

cured my breast cancer and had a great team helping her...very compassionate and detail oriented. she does not rush you. She only ordered tests that were helpful...I went to her for dense breast tissue and she found my breast cancer. I am so lucky it was caught so early.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

I am so surprised about the positive reviews for Dr. M. Blackwood. In my experience, she provided no knowledge, input or advice other than pushing invasive tests. I guess that's what she gets paid to do.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Dr. Blackwood is the best! Not rushed, explained everything, answered all questions, took her time with you I felt most comfortable with her as my doctor. . I decided to go with Dr. Blackwood for my cancer surgery and she was my second opinion. Recommended a fantastic radiation oncologist and medical oncologist. I highly recommend her for breast cancer surgery and think she is the most competent and caring breast specialist in this area.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Did not like her...kept me waiting an hour. Brought a trainee in with her--did not ask if that is OK. She does not want you to disagree with her -- just go through all the very expensive testing even if it does not seem necessary. She comes off as arrogant. Would not go back.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Blackwood is FANTASTIC!!!! She is one of the most caring and compassionate Doctors I have ever met. She takes her time with you and answers all of your questions. I wish more doctors would treat their patients like she does!!! She also recommended another fantastic radiation oncologist for me to go to. I am so glad I had Dr. Blackwood as my surgeon when I went through my cancer surgery!!! She is the BEST!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I went to Dr. Blackwood and found her to be helpful and knowledgeable. Her staff is excellent and they all take the time to answer your questions.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Lifesaver in Livingston. Dr B has a wonderful team to cover everything you'll need to fight breast cancer. She is very caring, has a great sense of humor, someone you can trust! Great referrals to plastic surgeon (Dr S), counseling, undergarments (Shop).

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

Love her. Great doctor, nice person. Cares about people. Straight shooter. I'm glad I went through breast cancer with her. And she takes insurance unlike a lot of other breast surgeons!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

compassionate, caring, knowledgeable. She helped me get through my breast cancer care with no pain, and all the info I needed to make the right choice. Excellent doctor

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. Margaret M. Blackwood's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

MSP/BC Med