Ratings for Dr. Aparajita K. Mahata

Dr. Mahata is absolutely wonderful. I had my first child with another doctor who left Calvert and I’m now currently pregnant with my second. I was seeing Dr. Davis before becoming pregnant, since she doesn’t deliver babies anymore she suggested Dr. Mahata. I’m glad I went with her! She’s very caring and listens to my concerns and reassures me that everything will be fine!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Terrible attitude and mistreated me and my family members . Doesn't care or listen to patients. Very insensitive.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I had two appointments with Mahata. She was very abrasive and upset me during both visits. Instead of calmly answering my questions she became very short and I never did get answers. This is my first pregnancy and I know nothing, so it is important for me to have answers and support. Km sure she is very competent, but we just did not get along. At all!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr Mahata is AWESOME. I am not sure why the ppl below are complaining, she is a DOCTOR & a OB at that- their schedules are hectic & Yes, you will have to wait in a Dr's office. She has always been very pleasant & I have never had any issues. The staff is amazing, love Serenity & Tara ... everyone is always very chipper! I will continue to use Dr Mahata as long as she is in business ... she is very caring & always listens to what I have to say!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I am extremely disappointed in this apt I had with Dr. Mahata. I waited over an hour to see her for a consultation. She came in annoyed that I happened to be on my period (which I have no control over) and never looked me in the eye. Also, she was texting as she was asking general questions about me (my age, marital status, etc). Not once did she address my health issues and just said "well I can't do an internal exam because you're on your period". Well, I knew that! I had my previous gynecologist records given to her and would ask me questions when the answers were right in front of her. Don't waste your time or money.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

I will be finding a new doctor after seeing Dr. Mahata for years because they refuse to compensate me for their errors. I get my medication through Medco in the mail, and she faxed an old prescription in that I could not afford. Medco was obligated to fill it and bill me. I have been fighting to get them to pay for this mistake for months. They had me fax me all the invoices just to tell me there is nothing they are willing to do. They never apologized or showed any empathy for their mistake. Also they send in whatever generic they want and only once have they gotten my birth control prescription correctly. They new to take responsibility for their actions. I would not recommend as they are very disorganized.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I saw Dr. Mahata for the first time last year, and all I have is praises for her and her staff. I felt I was treated quite well, she is very knowledgable and polite. She had to perform a minor procedure at Calvert Hospital, had wonderful experience. All in all, would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

She is never on schedule and staff found to be rude at times. Her bedside manor is curt and short. Her knowledge base is great but if you dont show concern to your patient what good is it

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Dr. Mahata has been my ob-gyn for over 15 years. She is extremely caring and takes the needed time with me when I have a concern/question. She was even very concerned, supportive, and helpful when my Mother was dieing with Ovarian cancer, which was more than I expected of her. Dr. Mahata will be delivering my first baby next month, so I cannot comment yet on her delivery room professionalism, but I don't foresee it being any different than the quality I have received in the office. Her office waiting time was terrible when I first started seeing her, but improved over the years. 20 min wait is about the longest...unless there is an emergency situation with another patient (which is completely understandable). The same nurse has been working with her for quite some time in the office, and is very knowledgeable, responsive, and attentive as well. I recommened if you are new to the area to make an appt and just meet Dr. Mahata and her staff. I don't think you would be disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

Dr. Aparajita K. Mahata's Credentials

• Med Coll, Rani Durgavati Vishwavidhyalaya, Jabalpur, Mp, India (Grad. 1973)

Top Hospitals in Prince Frederick, MD