Ratings for Dr. Timothy Marten

After waiting a year for healing, I am very disappointed! Dr. Marten performed a facelift, and instead of improving my looks and making me look refreshed/younger, he ended making my face look angular/masculine. None of my friends have given positive feedback; the few that have commented have said that I look different--not better. I didn't mind paying top dollar because I came to the (faulty) conclusion that he was one of the best in facial surgery. It is important to note that I came across a woman on Realself who shared her negative experience with Dr. Marten, but I ignored this red flag, thinking that perhaps her outcome was an exception. Another thing about the experience is that his office functions as an assembly line: you are in and you are out, and it is very hard to be seeing if you are experiencing problems. The patient coordinator will say that the doctor is completely booked, which makes me think that there is little planning to provide after care as the focus is on getting new patients for surgery. At this point, I am considering a revision, but I dread having to deal with all the issues related to having another surgery. A piece of advice: if you decide to with Marten ask him about patients who expressed dissatisfaction, and his response will tell you volumes about his lack of empathy and understanding. I wish I had paid attention to the woman who had a similar experience to mine.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

The only fear I would ever have about Dr. Marten is that he might retire someday and I would have to trust my face to someone else!! Dr. Marten is an artist, a skilled surgeon, a sculptor and a humble, compassion human being. He repaired a poorly done previous facelift, a challenging task - to perfection. That was 2012 and it still looks beautiful today. His expertise with fat grafting provides the most natural looking result possible. I truly cannot come up with enough superlatives to communicate my experience. Believe me, I realize how scary looking for a good surgeon can be. Please take my word. Despite what you may read, there are truly no negatives here.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

My experience with Marten is outrageous. I'm under 40 years old. I requested 2 "minor things" and he did several without my consent. I look horrible. All my feminine features are gone because he sucked my fats out of my face and lateral neck. I choke all the time and my voice alters due to the pressure that is in my throat. He did a crime against me. Next month it'll be a year. I feel I was betrayed and fooled big time by these reviews, articles and marten. He said he could deliver what I asked for but he did the opposite. Facial shape does not alter that much if he only did what I asked for. But because he had somehow this unconditional hate towards me he did what he did. The morning of the surgery was extremely scary. He tried to change what I had asked for, he eg. seemed scary by overly mimicing my expression that I showed him in which direction my face/skin should go (rather up that to sides) but his mimic was about overly tight windtunnel look, I comforted my self that even he seemed evil that mornin with more than one time that he could not do anything wrong to me because f the OR staff. But little did I know. He did a huge crime against me with these procedures he had no right to perform me. Soon it has been a year and he does not let me speak with the OR staff. That tells the truth very well. He has so much to hide that he does not want me to talk to them. Truth is transparent and has nothing to hide. My experience of him is that he is extremely cruel and evil because of all the work doe without my consent. I wonder how many he botched last year? I'v been trying to count and I'd say 3-5? People please stand up. Please tell your story on the online threads about these bad experiences. I only believe these lo score reviews are true and those 5 star ones are just bunch of advertising since they never shw their pictures anywhere.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

My original facelift with Dr Marten was in 2002, followed by a "tune-up" facelift in 2012. His work is extraordinary with gorgeous results that have remained lovely and natural for 15 years. Dr Marten is a world-renowned surgeon who has been at the front of medical advances in plastic surgery. Make him your first stop for a consultation and you will learn that he is not only an artist with vision, but a medical professional who unites his broad training and experience with a long term vision to the beauty and satisfaction of each client. http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Timothy_Marten/reviews#ixzz4jB8MvJO9

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

DR Marten performed a face/neck/forehead lift on me 6 months ago. I can not believe how amazing my transformation has been. People tell me I look very refreshed but can't believe all that I had done because you can not tell I had actual surgery. People used to guess I was older than I am, now people guess 10 years younger!

Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr Timothy J. Marten is the Michelangelo of plastic surgery, his magical surgical hands had turned my tired 64-year face into an impressively soft, natural, and young looking face with invisible scars of face and neck lifts after only few weeks! Everyone who had met me after the surgery was so amazed of my unbelievable young looking face outcome and its quick, clean, smooth, and "effortless" recovery process. Dr Marten was also very courteous, humble, thoroughly informative, and honest through out the consultation, surgery, and recovery processes. Likewise, his staffs decorated my entire experience with beautiful flowers, personal care, and first-class transportation. After 28 years of searching, I thank God for letting me meet Dr Martin who has fascinated me with his renowned plastic surgery reputation and greatly enhanced my life with beauty and self confidence. Thank you Dr Marten for making my dream finally come true.

Submitted April 7, 2015

Very pleased with the outcome of my results. Great bedside manner, compassionate and wonderful staff. I've been going to Marten for several years now and can not imagine going elsewhere. He is an absolute perfectionist and artist.

Submitted November 19, 2014

65 year old female orthodontist, Texas—I have been meaning to write this review as I am 10 mos. out of a face/neck lift. What brought me to the Marten Clinic of Plastic Surgery was daily seeing photos of myself with my patients posted on the “Wall of Smiles”—“braces-off” bulletin board in my office. I was slowly able to see the effects of aging in my face and neck with the progression of photographs, to the point that I began to dread facing the camera. Then I suddenly I remembered the piece of paper I had with Dr. Marten’s name/phone number. Twenty years ago a plastic surgeon friend who practiced in Oklahoma City while I was doing my residency there had given it to me and told me to keep it in case I ever wanted to have my face “done”. Dr. Marten had done an amazing job on this plastic surgeon’s face. The OKC plastic surgeon highly recommended his fastidious technique and the use of fat cells—and told me that Dr. Marten had many “doctors" for his patients. I immediately called, made an appointment for a consultation and booked a flight. Dr. Marten far exceeded my expectations with the enormous improvement to my face and neck. He is indeed an artist and perfectionist in the world of plastic surgery. Not a day goes by in my orthodontic practice that a new patient—usually an adult new patient—doesn’t stare at me and finally compliment me on “how beautiful I am”. At first, I didn’t handle the compliments very well and was at a loss of words. However, now I have trained myself to smile and say, “Thank you.” What a life changing experience!!! I never anticipated Dr. Marten’s surgery would have such a positive impact on my life and how people perceive me. Another important factor, related to my medical history, was to prevent the “cycle nausea” that I usually have after a general anesthesia is administered. Dr. Stephen King, the anesthesiologist for Dr. Marten, spent an hour consultation—long distance over the phone—to brainstorm and analyze how to prevent this from happening. I came through the surgery and recovery period WITHOUT any nausea/vomiting whatsoever. It was like a miracle!! I attribute that success to careful planning of both Dr. King and Dr. Marten. The “dream team” as I refer to Dr. Marten’s staff makes the entire experience appear effortless and smooth. Every day when I look in the mirror and see my beautiful face, I thank God that I kept that “piece of worn out” paper for 20 years and followed through with my plan to go to Dr. Marten. It’s fun being this beautiful!!!

Submitted October 7, 2014

I had a revision facelift performed by Dr. Marten. I highly reccomend Dr. Marten. He is amazingly talented and also compassionate and professional. Dr. Marten's staff is unsurpassed.

Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Timothy Marten's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Davis, Sch Of Med, Davis Ca 95616 (Grad. 1982)