Ratings for Dr. Lois Wagstrom

Dr. Wagstrom and her staff were great! I was early for my consultation appointment and had to wait 15 minutes. They apologized for my wait even though I was 30 minutes early! Because I am 2.5 hours from Nashville so they sent me majority of the paperwork through the mail and then called to make sure I understood all the information. The day of my procedure everyone was very professional and helpful! They also called to check on me once we got home and the next day. I had questions about my drainage and they were very helpful and make sure I understood everything that was going on. I am anxious to get through this recovery period to see the results of my breast reduction. Very pleased with the care and treatment I have received from Dr. Wagstrom and her office!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Dr Wagstrom and staff are amazing. I was immediately greeted by Vickie and Amber. Went in for a consult for a tummy tuck, I am a Registed Nurse and she is my first choice. I will be having the procedure done in January and I am beyond excited. Carol did my Botox and did exactly as I requested. Very professional and thorough. She made me comfortable throughout the consult and the injection of the Botox. I highly recommend Dr Wagstrom for a skilled, caring and ethical Plastic Surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Won't be using this doctor by reviews on her I have just read.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

13 years ago I had a breast reduction. I really wish I had sued her afterwards. I just wanted to be able to go find a shirt that would fit me. At times I would need size 4 or 6 pant and needed an 18-20 for a top, it as maddening and my neck hurt. She did tell me that my breasts wouldn't point out as much afterwards. She talked me into a C cup, I wanted a B and she wanted to do a lift as well. After surgery I felt cleavage on my chest, I was excited. But as time went on my scars didn't subside. Week after week I went into her office her them to inject my scars with medication, it was intensely painful after expensive. I had had enough afternoons told them off, saying they were raping me and my insurance and that they should be ashamed for mangling me. The first time someone saw me undressed was my mom and sister and my mom gasped in shock. My breasts look like ground beef. I had pain and itching for about 7 years thereafter. I have no projection, never did after so it's difficult to find a bra or swimsuit that fit well. She took fat out of my back as well but about 8 yrs later my breasts are almost as large again but now they are all mangled as regained scarred up and all the fat surrounding has returned. I did see another surgeon at some point and he told me he did not clean up messes other doctors make. Do not even consider seeing this surgeon for this type of procedure. I am still very unhappy 13 years later.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I had a tummy tuck and lipo done many years ago. Dr. Wagstrom, or whoever did my surgery while I was under, butchered my body. Many years later, I still have an uneven red scar that sticks up one side over underwear. The indentation of my waist is higher by 3" on one side of my body. There are tracks down the front of both legs and it looks like a shark took a bite out of the front of one leg. Both outer thighs are completely horridly different - as if 2 inexperienced fools did each leg. She told me that I stated all I wanted was to look good in jeans ! She took way too much out under my rear and now it feels like there's a piece of wire wrapped under there and NO pants, shorts, jeans or capris fit me. There is excess fabric back there. I looked 100% better BEFORE. When I told her of my pain and displeasure with what had been done - she told me to "give it a year" and I would be surprised. Well surprise !!! You can't sue her after a year. She also walked out of the examining room on me when I was still trying to get answers about my totally butchered body. Now I'm in pain 24/7 and have no money to fix this - had a 2nd consult after - and was told it never had to look like this and it may not be fixeable. My body is ruined. PLEASE select a different doctor.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

She is an artist! Love her and her staff! Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

At my consultation, I waited 2 hours in the room for her to calm! Apparently they "forgot" I was in there! They redeemed themselves by giving me my consultation for free! Afterwards she was very positive she could fix my breasts and even showed me a photo book of her work! I scheduled a surgery! After surgery I was very unhappy! 5 weeks of pure horror and breasts that looked no different! Once the implants settled I was a little more satisfied! Until 3 months later when my left implant ripped through the breast pocket! I immediately went in for her to say she wouldn't pay for another surgery! Instead she would do her labor free and have me pay the $900 anesthesia fee! Um I think not?! 4 years later both breasts suck and look awful!!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Dr. Wagstrom has completely ruined my breasts. My augmentation was 6 years ago, and they are completely different. She told me that they would settle in the appropriate position within a few months, and the right one never did. It hurts every day. I can't sleep on my side, I can't go braless because of the pressure the implant puts on the tissue around it. It is not sitting in any sort of pocket, it is just in the skin. You can feel the implant itself. It's disgusting. It is unfortunate that I have to pay another surgeon to have them removed.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

Almost ten years after my procedures, I cringe when I look in the mirror at my rippled and misshapen belly. I had liposuction and breast reduction by Lois Wagstrom. I was in relentless pain for ELEVEN weeks and I have a high pain tolerance. When I shared this, It was suggested by Carol, her nurse, to "take and aspirin." Really?!?!? I never felt a huge amount of compassion, especially when I had to have a revision done for the "dog ears" on my breasts. I felt the sutures going in bc I wasn't numb enough. She asked if I was just imagining it. There was no warm bedside manner. Years later, regardless of the weight I've lost or gained, my torso and upper and lower belly look like a relief map. I even look like I have a man "package" without the appendage! I feel a lot of both the pain and aesthetics were caused by the endermology done post surgery. Something to ask about if you're considering surgery. I'm writing this review bc I've needed to speak out for myself, even if 10 yrs later.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Dr. Wagstrom did a wonderful job on my surgery. I was diagnosed with thyroid disease a few years ago and one way to to help treat the disease was by giving me an idodine radiation treatment. The treatment destroyed almost all my thyroid and because of this my thyroid cartlidge became very prominent (like a man's adams apple). Dr. Wagstrom was able to go in and flaten the cartlidge in my neck by giving me a trachae shave. It's been 3 months since I had the surgery and I'm really pleased with it. I can barely see my scar and my neck looks more feminie now. I'm able to wear beautiful necklaces again and not be afraid of what people think about my neck. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention her staff are so geninue and kind, I received phones calls after my surgery and all my questions and concerns were throughly answered before my surgery. I would recommended her to anyone seeking cosmetic/plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Dr. Lois Wagstrom's Credentials

• Spanish

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1981)