Ratings for Dr. Otobia G. Dimson

I've been seeing Dr. Dimson since 2017 when I went in and had a mole removed since it had changed shape. It's a good thing I did go and see her as it was cancerous, and I had to have a decent sized chunk cut out of my ankle. I've been back to see her every six months to have a full body check to make sure I don't have any unusual changes. (Her recommendation, not mine, to come back and see her every six months.) Dr. Dimson isn't a doctor with the warmest and fuzziest bedside manner. That's fine. I don't need warm and fuzzy; I just need a good doctor who know's what she's doing and acts somewhat professional . I don't do rude, rushed, and condescending, though I feel like my appointment with her was all of the above. My six-month appointment wasn't until next month, but I decided to go see her a bit early as I had some skin concerns and a changing mole. When she walked into the exam room, she asked me why I was there as "Didn't she just see me." I told her why I was there a bit early, she looked at the mole, snapped at me it was perfectly normal, and "could remove it if I wanted." I said it was bothering me, she removed it (while saying she actually wouldn't know if it was normal until the biopsy), and when I reiterated some of the questions I had concerning how to treat the dry skin on my face and told her the products I was currently using (as well as the precautions I take when I'm out in the sun) and asked if she had some better recommendations, she rolled her eyes, snapped she's never heard of the products as she only knows about prescriptions, (What dermatologist hasn't heard of Cetaphil and Meladerm?), and said there wasn't anything she could do "unless I was rich as I was responsible for the damage to my skin I created years ago and that it was probably also changing hormones" She then snapped to make sure I cancelled my appointment next month and to not come back for at least a year unless the office called. (I guess she's changed her mind on the importance of every six months.) My appointment with her lasted under 10 minutes. I left the office feeling shamed, rushed, and feel as if she blew off my concerns. I will NOT go back to see her, will not recommend others. The one positive is her staff is friendly, warm, and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2019

The two characters at the front desk at Dr. Dimson's office (an "Eileen" and a "Jennifer") were negative, condescending, clueless, and could care less... the exact experience no one wants to have visiting a doctor. The same question was asked of front desk staff here on three separate occasions as to how they would like insurance information made available to them... they gave three completely different answers on each occasion... as neither of them clearly had any idea. In telling them that Blue Cross Blue Shields had a phone app with your e-cards on it, the younger lady looked at me as though she'd never heard of a cell phone. The older lady there was rude and was practically snarling from the minute you walked in and was waving her hands around stating very sarcastically "I'm just trying to help you"... when she was doing nothing of the sort. I, unfortunately, cancelled the appointment and never even got to meet Dr. Dimson. Nobody wants that experience going to a doctor, and as such physicians need to hire quality staff representing them if they're looking to acquire, and keep, patients. It's 2019, healthcare is expensive, and nobody has to deal with that.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

Dr. Dimson's staff were very nice and easy to deal with. I saw the Dr. within a few minutes after I arrived. Dr. Dimson gave me a very through exam and was very professional. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr."Dim"-son needs to get little bright, since doctor and "Dim" don't go together. She doesn't know much about hair loss and had been comparing me to her husband's bald head and that she would have cured him if she had known a solution. I thought it would been good, if she had suggested the appropriate food and precautions to be taken. She was in a hurry and didn't wait till I completed. Please visit another doctor for hair loss related things.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Was not happy with dr. The first few times I.saw her, she was with a dr. I had been seeing and liked. Then I saw her after she moved and she came into the office on her cell phone telling someone off. After she got off phone, she continued to talk about that pt. on phone. Didn't seem interested in me at all. Never returned again.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

I have been going to Doctor Dimson for around 7 years. I really like her and recomend her to anyone who needs a dermotologist.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

We love Dr Dimson. She is very generous with her time......you do not feel rushed like with other dermatologist I have had experience with. She is thorough and seems to think outside the box. I am an Aesthetician and will be sending all of my skincare clients to Dr Dimson.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

I have gone to Dr. Dimson for about 4 years and have been very pleased with everything about her and her office. Besides being very professional and knowlegeable, she is very generous with her time. When she is with me she acts like I'm the only patient in the office!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Demson for approximately 2 years, and she and staff are AWESOME

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Very thorough! She took time to explain everything. Although I was there to find out about vitiligo, when she read on my new patient form that I had used tanning beds in the past she checked me for any potential skin cancer.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Otobia G. Dimson's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1999)