Ratings for Dr. Shelly F. Bowers

I have seen Dr. Bowers twice and both times she was very cold and rude to me. I am a Business Analyst, so I asked about my xrays and was informed that I have a very pretty foot with a heel spur. She allowed the "practicing doctor" to give me an injection, which was the worst experience I have had.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Bowers has an excellent bedside manner, she listens to your concerns, and she is a skillful surgeon. I had bunion surgery 25 years ago and one of them reverted. The big toe was starting to turn towards the second toe on my right foot causing great pain as it pushed the second toe to the right. Dr. Bowers did a bone fusion on the big toe and placed a surgical steel plate in the foot to hold the toe in place as it was healing. There was no nerve damage, and though I am limited to the height of heels that I can wear, my pain is gone. I would recommend her to anyone. As with all doctors you must be prepared with a good set of questions. She is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I had extreme foot pain for about two years before going in to see Dr. Shelly Bowers. She has helped me with all of it. I had neuroma in both feet. Dr. Bowers explained all the treatment options to me and I decided to have the injections. I am so happy to say that after two years of terrible pain, the neuroma pain was gone. I also had plantar faciitis. Dr. Bowers gave me stretching techniques that worked beautifully. I have been to other foot doctors before. Dr. Bowers is knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Had torn joint on right foot, was in boot for 5 weeks. Out of boot for 2 months and then back in as had reinjury. MRI showed torn joint, pinched nerve, small bunion...as I brought up "surgery." I was told by Dr. Bowers "You don't need surgery, it is all in your head or you have RA. We will send you to RA doctor, stay in boot for 8 weeks. I changed doctors at that time, I am now month out of surgery, and now have shoe on.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

DR. BOWERS WAS VERY KNOWLEGABLE, AND TOOK THE TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN GREAT DETAIL. THE SURGERY WENT VERY WELL, AND HER POST OP CARE WAS AMAZING. I WOULD RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE WHO IS HAVING ANY KIND OF FOOT PROBLEMS OR FOOT PAIN.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr Bowers is wonderful! She has a relaxed bedside manner yet still gets right down to business. She respects patient's time and never leaves you waiting. Highly recommended podiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010