Ratings for Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno

I was given Dr El-Borno's name and my phone call was returned within 1hr with an app. set for 2 days later! I was so relieved to get in so fast. I arrived at my app. and was immediately made to feel at home. The office was very clean & neat. Dr El-Borno & I talked,not like questions being fired at me but like a friend would ask. Dr El-Borno's diagnosis was quick and accurate. He proceeded to explain the diagnosis, symptoms & how ‘we’ are going to treat it. I say ‘we’ because Dr El-Borno has always made me feel like we are in this together. He has never talked down to me or made me feel uncomfortable asking questions. With his help I am gaining my confidence and self respect back, it’s been a long journey but I know with Dr El-Borno’s support my family and I will get through this with ease. Thank you so much Dr El-Borno for saving my life, I truly don’t want to think about how my life would be without you!!! I recommend you to anyone that needs your help

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
You're so very welcome. Thank you for your gracious compliments. I'm sincerely humbled.

Submitted June 10, 2015

Everything about Dr. El-borno and his practice is outstanding! As an adult, and as much as I was struggling to come to realize I had a problem, and also afraid of searching for help, he proved to be the best one I could ever find when I needed it the most. He was so prompt to respond to my call, so caring since that first call, exceptionally understanding, down to earth, willing to work with me until finding the best treatment possible; JUST EXCEPTIONAL. I feel like giving him a HUG every time I see him; he saved me from (close to) losing my job - just to give you an idea of how much my illness was affecting me. Me and my A.D.D. will be forever thankful Dr.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2019

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
Thank you kindly. Speaking of "exceptional", how about I put you on just such a list yourself. It's for those who've valiantly struggled with a disabling condition and did their very best all on their own. It takes just as much courage (if not more) to do that as it does to reach out for help. I'm glad that you sought me out and that I was able to contribute to a better quality of life. P.S. I'll bet your employer is delighted too !

Submitted January 14, 2019

Dr. Elborno is very authentic and cares for his patients. He has a great sense of humor and listens when you speak. He is a Dr. Who can take puzzle pieces that don't make sense and create the true picture. I have put my faith (and my family) in his hands for many years now. He is a master of medication. Now if we could just bring him into the time of technology, he would have it made. I love Dr. B

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
Thank you for extending such a heartfelt tribute for the many years of service provided you and your beloved family. It's been a genuine privilege to have been entrusted with your wellbeing, whether it was by therapeutically putting pieces of a puzzle together or prescribing that which comforted and alleviated emotional pain. Speaking of technology, well here you have it, a most amusing depiction of a failure in technology, namely 'auto spell check' which metaphorically, and rather poignantly I might add, redefined me as being a "Dr. Who". You do recall the acclaimed BBC TV series wherein "Doctor Who" battled a variety of foe as he attempted to help people in need.

Submitted August 29, 2018

How many Drs. out there will still treat you, without u being present? My Doc, Borno will. My husband goes there too, I make it sometimes, but I'm very I'll from something else. He still is concerned, I tell him my issues, via notes. We know he will be there. Thanks ,Doc.:)

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
You're most welcome. Your struggle with a debilitating physical illness that has kept you from being able to come in consistently has truly been a terrible thing to bear witness to. I feel such sorrow for the pain and anguish that you struggle with every day. I know that you've always valued our time together and that not being able to come in now, as regularly as in the past, must feel disappointing to you, as it most certainly is to me.....you're really missed. I can only hope that you continue to feel that you are genuinely cared for despite the physical limitations that hinder you from being present. Your strength of character has seen you through many adversities in life and I'm convinced that you will likewise overcome this medical health issue as well. With sincere admiration, Dr. El-Borno

Submitted August 16, 2018

I was a patient when I was in my early teens. A few days ago, I stopped by the office to say hello, but they were closed for the day. Impressed to see him at the same location. Maybe next time I’ll catch him in the office. Looking back, he always returned calls when I needed him. Never talked down to me or seemed “mechanical” as some in this profession do. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
Thank you for your kind reflective comments. I really wish that I had been in when you dropped by. It's always such a wonderful experience to learn of the growth that people have made in their lives. You must come by once again some time, as I would be truly honored. Yes indeed, in the same location, steadfast for over 25 years, and now thankfully a legacy of exceptional care.. Again, please accept my humble appreciation.

Submitted June 19, 2018

Claims to be the best but isn't. I've found someone else and will be seeing them. Very hard to get a hold of and scheduling is difficult.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
I truly can't thank you enough for finding someone else. I can only hope that they prove to be better for you and in every way. My apologies for not being the best for you.

Submitted March 27, 2018

I remember being told "He's the very best" when we were referred by another doctor here in Philly to see this particular psychiatrist (Dr. El-Borno) for our family member in Malvern. I had known of him to some extent given my line of work. It didn't take long for me however to appreciate first hand why we were being sent to him. He's just outstanding in every way... top notch care from a diamond in the rough in quaint Lancaster County. We traveled quite a ways and it was without question a rewarding experience each and every time. I understand that he's now helping a new premier private practice establish itself in Blue Bell, PA. They're very lucky to have him....truly.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
Thank you for your kindhearted reflections as I do remember the family quite fondly.

Submitted January 3, 2018

He is one of a kind!!makes u feel at ease and makes u laugh and gives u hope!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
I remember once reading these pearls of wisdom ; "Humor is the affectionate communication of Insight" and "Laughter is the closest distance between two people" ..... I'm glad to have lifted your spirits !

Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. El-Borno and Mary get a thumbs up from me and my family! My 8 year old son was diagnosed with Epilepsy at 6 yrs old. With the epilepsy he was diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression. My boss told me to make an appt. with Dr. El-Borno. My son loves going to his appts (and of course getting his special medicine-starbursts!). He was diagnosed with ADHD, ODD, OCD, PDD and is now controlled. He has not had many outbursts since we got him on the right medicine. Dr. El-Borno prescribed him on a medicine and he had an allergic reaction to where I took him to the hospital. Dr. El-Borno called me throughout the night to make sure he was okay. It's nice to have a Doctor think of their patients even after office hours! Kudos to you and Mary!!!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
You definitely did the right thing, having your boy seen after hours at the hospital, just to be safe, although the episode proved to be nothing more than yet another 'spell' (seizure activity) that was determined to be unrelated to any prescribed medication. Given that your boss is in fact a physician, that certainly proved invaluable as it contributed to your knowing just what to do during that stressful episode. Regardless, I was truly very happy to be there for you and your family throughout the ordeal. It's what we pride ourselves at, given that we are a solo private practice that tirelessly attends to each individual distinctly.

Submitted September 29, 2017

I along with my mother have been patients of the Dr. for around five years now. There has never been a more thoughtful, concerned and giving doctor ever. When I lost my job and wasn't able to pay for my visits he told me that he would personally cover the costs until I found work. That sort of personalize care for patients is unheard of, and his 'bedside manner' is incredible. It's simply a pleasure to have a visit there. I wouldn't change doctors for my life. This man is one of those people who truly cares and I am lucky to have found him. Can't stress enough how much I've improved in his care.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's response
You're quite welcome and thank you for your generous reflections.

Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Bassam M.A. El-Borno's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

WHEN ONLY THE VERY BEST WILL DO Dr. El-Borno is both a seasoned Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist as well as an Adult Psychiatrist who has been in solo private practice for over 25 years. His reputation is unmatched given that he has remained steadfast in his commitment to providing highly personalized psychiatric care in an ever challenging healthcare environment. This dedication to his patients over the years has earned him the epithet "When Only The Very Best Will Do". He has touched many lives and remains humbled by the many unsolicited commendations from prior patients which he continues to receive to this day. Dr. El-Borno distinctively practices traditional psychiatry employing both therapy as well as medication. His expertise is quite extensive, as he is a recognized expert in identifying and addressing such conditions as ADHD/ADD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders/Attention Deficit Disorders) at any age; OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorders) including its diverse manifestations such as addictions of various types; ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorders) as well other childhood & adolescent behavioral/conduct problems. He is particularly qualified in managing the spectrum of Learning Disabilities and Developmental Delays, more specifically the realm of Autism. Naturally, he his exceptionally accomplished in the treatment of Anxiety Disorders such as Panic attacks, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and Phobias as well as Mood Disorders including acute & chronic Depression and Bipolar illness. Dr. El-Borno is always personally on call at all times. Rest assured that should you find yourself in need at any time, you will be promptly responded to: (717) 560-5600

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)