Ratings for Dr. Dan Litov

I heard good things about Dr Litov in the community because I work in the mental health field. But then two different friends referred me to him when I was suffering from some pretty serious anxiety. I think I know why people like him so much- he's warm and friendly of course, but he also has a sense of humor (other people have mentions this), which I really appreciate. Anxiety is much better after just a few months as well.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I did a little bit of googling, and saw a few psychologists. I finally chose Dr. Dan. I've been in a long term difficult relationship and couldn't figure out why I was feeling like I was. Dr. Dan made me feel comfortable talking about some VERY uncomfortable issues. He's proactive and didn't just sit there. He comes across as a real person, not detached like some psychologists I've seen. He's friendly and has a sense of humor too.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I was not happy with his listening skills and cold demeanor.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr. Litov is excellent. I saw him for my out of control anxiety and panic attacks. He quickly helped me gain control of the anxiety. I was suffering from it on a daily basis and had had enough. Dr. Litov is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, logical, personable and direct. He truly listens and is a great communicator. He helped me communicate what I needed to in order for him to better help me. I have seen other therapist/psychologists in the past for years and have gotten nowhere with anxiety. I saw Dr. Litov for approximately 8 months and was able to function on my own with his help and techniques. I am truly grateful that our paths crossed. He is a great Doctor/human being that gives real results and solutions. I can't express on here enough about how much he has helped me.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Litov for about 3 months now and he's really helping me out of a pretty serious depression. He's very direct in his advice and gives me pointed things to work on each session. Our talk time is split about 50/50. He's a great listener and is able to immediately synthesize what I said into actionable advice. He's also very responsive to scheduling. When I was looking for a psychologist I left countless messages for various doctors and rarely heard back. Dr. Litov answered right away and was able to fit me in within a week. I like that talking to him is very "human" and that he's quite light hearted...Definitely not the typical sterile "shrink" environment. Seeing Dr. Litov is the best decision I've made in a long time. :)

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

I had some psychotherapy when I was in college for around a year. But recently I went through a breakup and then got laid off and was pretty depressed and anxious. I met with around 3 different psychologists before I met with Dr. Litov. He's definitely not your run-of-the-mill "tell me how you feel" therapist. All the others I met with really got into mostly just listening to me 99% of the time, and (occasionally) gave me very vague suggestions. I agree with one of the other reviewers- Dr Litov is proactive. He has a sense of humor too. Not as stuffy as some of the other people I met.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

A friend referred me to Dr. Litov. I had been suffering from anxiety for a lonnnng time (I'm in my late 30's), and had been to a couple of other psychologists in the past. I can only tell you that what he does, works. I'm able to sleep again and wake up refreshed. My panic attacks are gone. I'm better able to focus, and my relationship with my husband is better than it ever was. You'll know what I mean within minutes of meeting Dr. Litov- he's very straightforward. I liked that it wasn't all 'talk,' too. He's very proactive in session. He helped me become more aware of my body's signals, and gave me some new skills I use daily.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

I was miserable, depressed, and addicted to alcohol. I felt like Dr. Litov actually listened, and knew exactly what to say and do. No mumbo jumbo. He was kind and honest at the same time. He turned my life around. I've been sober for 2 almost years now.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012