Ratings for Dr. Mary Beth Butcher

Everyone bashes the long wait. If she didn't care about each and every patient she sees then you would have to wait so long. If you want to be treated by a very compassionate and knowledgeable Dr. who makes sure she give the best individual care possible, she's the one. If you want to be treated as a customer just to be waited on, get in and get out, move along. She's not the Dr. you're looking for

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Mary-Beth is fantastic. Yes she takes forever, but since she's seen me without insurance for a pittance, basically free, for the last 5 years, I don't mind. One of the sweetest doctors i've ever encountered.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

She is a good doctor, however I don't feel ishould have to wait 2 to 3 hours for an appointment. My appointment today was scheduled for 4:30, it is now 6:40 & I'm yet waiting to see her. This is absolutely ridiculous! As I'm sitting here waiting, I am looking at other PCP's so I don't have this experience repeated. And by the way, this is not my first appointment, Ivery been a patient for 3 years, my previous PCP retired unexpectedly & she was recommended by a friend; I was forewarned about her habitual lateness, but at the time i didn't feel like search for a new PCP. Well today is the day I choose a new PCP that will see me in a timely manner. Each appointment has been late, each time 2 to 3 hours & it's not going to improve. So, that being said, schedule an appointment at your own risk!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

This doctor comes across as compassionate and caring, but is unwilling to look deeper to solve problems. She tried to put me on diet pills rather than running tests when I started gaining weight rapidly and later was unable to take it off. I'm now, several years later, finally in the care of an endocrinologist for insulin resistance and pre-diabetes. Thank God I found a good primary care doctor who looked at solutions other than diet pills and anti-depressants....not to mention, the ridiculous 3 hour waits I had every time I went to her office. It was IMPOSSIBLE to get lab test results... it would take 6 months and mutliple phone calls to get the results and the staff that called would just say they would "normal" . I'd request to get them in the mail and find out there they were NOT normal. Horrible, horrible office with rude staff.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I've been with Dr Butcher for years. Her knowledge is outstanding but it is inexcusable and unprofessional how long you must wait to reap the benefits. Even if you are the first patient of the day she is still not at the office until an hour or more after you. If you can for an urgent appointment you are told she is open from 1030-5 but when I arrived there were 3 people in the waiting room and waited 3 hours to see her. She knows that she chronically runs behind so she and her staff should know not to schedule so many people in one day, it's common, professional, polite practice. Also it's January and I'm still waiting for my lab results from September since my chart keeps "walking a round". Hopefully nothing is critical...

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

i have waited over 2 hours three times now. I keep coming back because she is nice, but this is inexcusable. Would not recommend to anyone. Switching doctors tomorrow.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Excellent doctor. She takes time to talk to each patient, and that can cause havoc in the schedule, but this is well compensated by the fact that she simply refuses t have a patient mill. I commute just to see her.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Having been Dr. Butcher's patient for almost 30 years, let me just say that she is a gifted diagnostician who treats the entire patient, not just specific symptoms. I am deeply grateful for her exceptional attention to my health over the years. Does she run late? Yes--because she is focusing on each patient's complete needs. She is well worth the wait. Bring your work with you and keep your blood pressure under control.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Butcher herself is wonderful! Takes time to get to know you and explain situations. Because of this, she can sometimes run behind on appointments. It should also be noted that the office staff is not nearly as friendly as her. On several occassions I have thought about finding a new doctor soley because of them. Well, this was it and I will now find a new doctor because of Nancy.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I was looking for a new doctor, I called the office made an appointment - everyone was friendly until I sat in the exam room for over an hour - when I walked out the doctor was putting files into a filing box - the other exam room's were all empty. I walked to the front desk asked for a refund the gentleman says sure what's your name? Gave me a refund of my copay - no I'm sorry, no wait - no nothing, how unprofessional and rude.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Dr. Mary Beth Butcher's Credentials

• Marshall Univ Sch Of Med, Huntington Wv 25755 (Grad. 1983)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America