Ratings for Dr. University Dental Associates

The office would not wait for 2nd insurance billing. Insisted I pay balance after 1st insurance balance billed. Their website says will work with you and payments. Not so. All this after paying bulk of 2 crowns and root canals (fine dental work though).

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Warning!!! Do not pay them until all work is done. They treat you like a second class citizen after you do. They will schedule you for an appointment, then cancel you while you sit in the chair for 45 minutes. I watched them escort another client in after I had sat there for 45 minutes. The dentist then proceeded to work on her while I sat there. I had to ask them if I should reschedule. The whole office has zero consideration for patients. The best part of the whole ordeal? What I was there for should have taken 10 minutes tops. This place is a joke. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

for some odd reason, even though i have Metlife, the office said it would cost $605 per tooth --basically that Metlife would not pay for any % of my gum graft. I came in with a referral for just 2 teeth, periodontist recommended i get someting like 8 teeth fixed--that 605$$ x 8 = cha-ching. then, receptionist turned into Dental Asst. into training --she gave me an Xray to see what % of services can get covered if they send in different codes with the Xray. I am afraid of going back. I don't think all 8 teeth are ThaT bad!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Let's put it this way, the dentist cancelled my appointment three separate times, once an hour before my scheduled appointment time, and once when I was actually sitting in the dentist's chair (and had been for half an hour). And the third time his staff called me the day before to tell me he would be out sick the next day. Really? Furthermore, the staff kept telling me that my insurance would not cover certain procedures and forced me to pay upfront, yet when I got home and called my insurance provider, I found out that the company DID cover those procedures, and the staff simply hadn't bothered to get off their lazy butts and check for me. And when I called them out on this, they were extremely difficult to work with (downright rude actually) and it took more than a month to get my refund. Finally, I witnessed the staff being uncooperative with other customers as well, not running their insurance and forcing them to pay upfront. And after all that, my teeth are still not fixed!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

Horrible customer service. Reception workers are extrememly rude and unhelpful. Dental assistants are totally incompetant and scheduling is a mess.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008