Dr. Margaret Macgregor

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Margaret Macgregor

Dr MacGregor exceeded my expectations of a neurosurgeon. She was serious and dedicated to understanding my problems while at the same time maintaining a sense of calm to me and my family. I appreciated that she educated me on my spine and narrowed down what my options were. Considering the circumstances Dr. MacGregor relieved years of my pain and provided a delightful experience for me.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2019

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

She's a very hard worker. Dr. MacGregor spent an hour with me on my first initial appointment. She spent as much time as I needed to understand what was happening with my neck. After surgery, her staff explained everything that I needed to do to heal and take care of myself at home. When I had questions they were always available and asked to hear back from me soon because they wanted to know how I was doing. No one does that anymore, it is the best service I have ever received from a physicians office, Period!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2019

My neck was hurting with pain going into my shoulders & down my left arm. After she did my ACDF surgery (neck from the front) my arm pain & weakness went away. I’m going on for my follow up appointment next week & can’t wait to thank her for such a great job she did!!!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2019

Dr. Margaret Macgregor

Dr. Margaret Macgregor's response
Thanks for the review and we are glad you are doing so well! We have moved, so the next time you come in we are in suite 415 instead of suite 400.

Submitted June 7, 2019

Wonderful Doctor, Better Human Being!!!! When your doctors tells you that a 4 level disc repair surgery is required it is a very scary thing! Dr. MacGregor kept me calm when I started to panic, I have never been under the knife before but I could no longer endure the pain. Not only did I fully recover, I am back to enjoying life and doing all the things that I could no longer due and took for granted when I was healthy. Thank you for my second chance, I will not squander the opportunity!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Super doctor, could not recommend her more! She took the time to explain what was going on with me and then set out a plan so I could make a full and speedy recovery. Waiting on insurance approval was the worst part but once approved it went so well. Thanks Doctor for the great care!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Dr. MacGregor is an amazing physician. Not only did she relieve my pain but she walked me through the emotional decisions and fear that led up to and followed surgery. I cannot thank her enough for her compassion and patience with me.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

A very frank and candid physician. Exceptionally well informed and experienced. Compassionate and genuinely interested in resolving the issue and pain. She can be funny and light at the appropriate time while remaining objective and professional. My L-4, L5 - S1 fusions went great and the spasms were ultimately diminished. I would advocate a consult with this physician if your back pain is no longer tolerable. She can provide expert advice, opinion, and relief.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr. Margaret Macgregor's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Margaret MacGregor is a native of Morris County, New Jersey. She attended Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts, where she graduated with honors. She was the recipient of a Fulbright Grant in Physical Chemistry, and studied at the Universität Hamburg, in Germany. She attended UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School (now Rutgers), and completed her neurosurgical training at Loyola University, in Maywood, Illinois. Dr. MacGregor comes to the Nashville area after seventeen and one half years of serving the Springfield, Illinois area. There she worked both in the private sector and as faculty at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, where she was Clinical Assistant Professor in the Division of Neurosurgery, as well as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology. She is a board certified in Neurosurgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.

• German
  • English

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1992)
  • Smith College (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Hermitage, TN