Ratings for Dr. Harry Somers

Used him as my Guardian AdLitem(GAL). What a nightmare experience. He did not want to listen to the information I was giving him. He is supposedly a psychologist. He cross examines you like something between a police detective and a lawyer. He leads the line of questioning and expects you to answers his questions in short answers. At times he growls at you. In most cases, he expects yes or no answers. No explanation. Some of the information/evidence I gave to him that went to the character of the ex, he dismissed and did not want to deal with it. It got so bad, he blamed me for the unsavory actions of the ex. The bad actions of the ex I reported to him with evidence never made it into the GAL report. Yet, collateral witnesses for the ex who lied in their statements about me; that made it into his report. Thank heavens, the Judge made a fair decision as he did not follow the advice given by the GAL. The children are doing wonderful now. They are happy. I recommend that for the sake of your children, do not choose Harry Somers as your GAL.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Very unprofessional ....... does not keep information

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

What a nightmare. I'm amazed this guy is allowed to practice

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I was trying to escape an abusive relationship and Dr. Somer's was assigned as our GAL. I was so excited, thinking that finally, someone could put an end to the nightmare I was living but no. Dr. Somer's completely overlooked all my concerns and only addressed issues that none of us were concerned about. He even admitted in his report to not reading all the documents that the Court asked him to read and claimed it was due to running out of time. He also admitted he started the case much later than he should have so it was his own fault he ran out of time but rather than asking the Court for an extension he chose to write a half a** report that resolved nothing for us. He still promptly charged his entire $20,000 though. Due to the half-a** report, we had to go through a 5 day trial to clarify all the matters that Dr. Somers ignored which sucked up everything we had financially (which was a lot) and our kids are now growing up in poverty. I also to this day still suffer abuse from my x. Abuse that I complained to Dr. Somers about but never made it into our GAL report. Abuse that the Court asked Dr. Somers to look into but he never did. If I could give Dr. Somers negative or no stars here I would. He had an opportunity to really make a difference in our case and our kids lives but chose ruin lives instead. He's horrible. And actually, I agree with the last poster about him not listening too! Some of what I wanted to tell him I couldn't because he asked me to stop talking. He only wanted me to answer HIS questions, questions that had nothing to do with anything anybody was concerned about and he only wanted short, quick answers, no elaborations, when in fact we had a very complicated case and the answers actually did require elaborations. I highly recommend finding any other GAL than Dr. Somers. He's horrible.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Harry Somers is horrible!! He doesn't listen to everyone's concerns and will often get mad if you disagree with his methods. Horrible, horrible!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015