Ratings for Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes

Although my experience with Dr. Sykes is limited to lip injections, I’d have no hesitations trusting him with much more significant procedures. His experience as a facial surgeon is clearly reflected in his talent with dermal fillers. So glad I found him! The man knows what he’s doing. Found his personality to be charming and interesting.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

He totally messed up my nose as a young woman and had the nerve to care more about me insulting his work then the fact that it is on my face. I have breathing and bleeding problems in addition to it looking worse. It was actually cute before he messed it up. He did the surgery despite the fact that it was clear a parent made me feel I needed it not because I wanted it. I was told it would be smaller and it is not. He made my cute tip droop and it's longer now. My nostrils were symmetrical before the surgery now one is so huge snot drips out of it. He also hit on me and does dermal fillers without proper numbing so not only is it very painful but he is sloppy and rushing leaving lumps and bad bruising when I have never had with anyone else.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I've had two nose jobs from him, and neither one turned out ideally, (he even offered to do a revision on the first one for a lower cost), both resulted in a visibly asymmetric nose. He told me this was a good thing because then it would look more "natural" and then not be apparent that I had a nose job. He also said I was not a great healer. I wish he would just admit that this was not his best work, or that the less than ideal result was his fault, but he would never do this. To be fair, since before the surgeries my nose appearance has improved, but I would never recommend this doc.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Office staff was good. Dr sykes would never recommend

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes is not an honorable Plastic Surgeon committing to the oath, Do No Harm. After my mother consulted with him for a little spot on her lip, he convinced her he could take care of it right in his clinic neglecting to tell her to see a specialist for skin cancer. She didn't know what she had beyond a little scab on her upper lip and put faith into Sykes who used her to practice his skills. He called her in for 3 different visits to put a painful needle into her mouth and slice more of her lip off because he "didn't get it all", instead of doing the right thing and sending her to a Mohs Surgeon for Basal Skin cancer. Each visit he sliced away leaving her disfigured as she returned to work with a cleft lip. Sykes then made the smug comment of, "well, at least you don't make your living as a model", nice man right? Later, we did consult with a reputable plastic surgeon later who couldn't believe what Sykes did and told us he should have immediately referred her to a Mohs Surgeon and not take three whacks at her lip with no pathologist on site while performed in an emergency clinic! Unfortunately, there was no correction cosmetically that could be done to clean up the mess Sykes made. We were inexperienced about the correct procedures and protocols. Had we known more then, Sykes would not have been allowed to touch my mother and now he claims to be a specialist in reconstruction surgeries, please be careful and do your research.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I had rhinosplasty done by him and it is completely botched. My girlfriend went to him a few weeks after for rhinoplasty and her's was botched as well. She went in with no breathing issues and came out with not being able to breath well and a nose that was totally asymetrical. She has since had it revised by a reputable plastic surgeon. I am now scheduling to have my nose repaired by a reputable plastic surgeon and the doctor had me get the operative report from Dr. Sykes surgery and it was brought to my attention that the noted surgeon on the report was not even Dr. Sykes but a resident! I'm not sure he was even there for my surgery at all, even after I specifically told him I don't want anybody but him performing the surgery. When I addressed my concerns on how asymetrical my nose looked he suggested it was how I was healing and to give it time. He also tried to even it out with fillers, which did not work. I am beyond disappointed with this doctor and feel like he should not be practicing plastic surgery at all, although I'm not even sure he did my rhinoplasty. Do not have any procedures done by him, it will only cost you more in the long run to have it repaired by someone who knows what they are doing.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Sykes did a horrible job on my lower face lift in 2009. The sides turned out uneven. He overcharged me $700 by booking an anesthesiologist after I told him I would go with twilight to save money. He refused to reimburse me and stated, "Do you think I'm in the business to lose money?" He is arrogant and unethical.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I had been contemplating getting a rhinoplasty since age 16...so over a decade. My nose has always been a prominent feature on my face that has made me self conscious. I was very frightened that it would be painful so I kept putting it off. I'm in my 3rd year of medical school so I'll be going on job interviews for my first position as a doctor next year so it finally felt like the right time to take the plunge! I began to research surgeons. I decided to choose the physician who seemed to be the most capable and experienced, and worry about price later as surgery on my face did not seem like a good place to pinch pennies. Dr. Sykes has a ton of experience in facial plastic surgery and is also a skilled ENT so he would be able to ensure the breathing function of my nose would be ideal as well as the aesthetics. He is well known and highly respected in the medical community for his intelligence, innovation, artistry, and most importantly, consistently excellent results. I requested a consultation and quote from him, as well as a few other local surgeons with good reviews. I was stunned to find out that my first choice surgeon was also the most reasonably priced...in some cases, by a long shot! My consultation with Dr. Sykes went great. He seemed to understand exactly what I wanted and went out of his way to get me on his schedule during my only break from med school even though it meant that he and his team would have to be working a full Saturday. He was also able to make my mom feel comfortable even though she was skeptical about the idea of me getting plastic surgery. He carefully answered all of my questions at my pre-op appointment and prepared me for surgery. I was VERY nervous the morning of surgery, but he had a wonderful nurse, Kat, who put me at ease. She gave me warm blankets, used lidocaine for my IV insertion (so zero pain), and had the anesthesiologist promptly give me medications to calm down my nerves so I could be relaxed before surgery. Dr. Sykes came out to say hello before the surgery and reassure me that all would go well. His anesthesiologist also came to introduce himself. I was very nervous about the idea of being intubated, but Dr. Sykes only contracts with extremely experienced anesthesiologists and I could barely tell I'd been intubated after the surgery...didn't even have throat pain! The other thing I was worried about was waking up vomiting after surgery as several people online said they vomited a bunch of blood they swallowed during their rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Sykes team actually used a tube to get all of that junk out of my stomach while I was under so I didn't have to go through this vomiting. They were very focused on making the whole experience as comfortable as possible and they succeeded. Even though I had been so worried about the post-surgical pain, it never got above a 3/10, and I never needed to use the heavy pain medication. I only used Tylenol through my entire recovery. I was very swollen and bruised for about 5 days, but was back at work on day 9 without it being obvious that I'd had surgery. I won't be able to tell my complete final results until several months from now when the swelling is entirely gone, but I am already thrilled. I don't look like a different person and it isn't obvious I had a nose job. I just feel better when I look in the mirror and see pictures of myself. I just feel like he gave me the nose I was supposed to be born with. I am so happy and my only regret is that I didn't do it earlier. It was worth every penny and I'm 100% confident that I chose the right surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

I used dr Sykes for my nose job and neck lipo and am very pleased with my results! I also love him, he has made me feel so comfortable around him and is always available to answer any post op concerns! I def recommend him!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I have known Dr. Sykes as a surgeon for over 25 years. In that time, I have found Dr. Sykes to be compassionate, professional and a leader in his field. I have been a patient of Dr. Sykes and have been impressed with his technique and knowledge in his field. He takes the time to listen to me and recommends the procedure to achieve the best results. Without hesitation, I highly recommend the services of Dr. Jonathan Sykes.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1981)