Ratings for Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes

Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes is not an honorable Plastic Surgeon committing to the oath, Do No Harm. After my mother consulted with him for a little spot on her lip, he convinced her he could take care of it right in his clinic neglecting to tell her to see a specialist for skin cancer. She didn't know what she had beyond a little scab on her upper lip and put faith into Sykes who used her to practice his skills. He called her in for 3 different visits to put a painful needle into her mouth and slice more of her lip off because he "didn't get it all", instead of doing the right thing and sending her to a Mohs Surgeon for Basal Skin cancer. Each visit he sliced away leaving her disfigured as she returned to work with a cleft lip. Sykes then made the smug comment of, "well, at least you don't make your living as a model", nice man right? Later, we did consult with a reputable plastic surgeon later who couldn't believe what Sykes did and told us he should have immediately referred her to a Mohs Surgeon and not take three whacks at her lip with no pathologist on site while performed in an emergency clinic! Unfortunately, there was no correction cosmetically that could be done to clean up the mess Sykes made. We were inexperienced about the correct procedures and protocols. Had we known more then, Sykes would not have been allowed to touch my mother and now he claims to be a specialist in reconstruction surgeries, please be careful and do your research.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I had rhinosplasty done by him and it is completely botched. My girlfriend went to him a few weeks after for rhinoplasty and her's was botched as well. She went in with no breathing issues and came out with not being able to breath well and a nose that was totally asymetrical. She has since had it revised by a reputable plastic surgeon. I am now scheduling to have my nose repaired by a reputable plastic surgeon and the doctor had me get the operative report from Dr. Sykes surgery and it was brought to my attention that the noted surgeon on the report was not even Dr. Sykes but a resident! I'm not sure he was even there for my surgery at all, even after I specifically told him I don't want anybody but him performing the surgery. When I addressed my concerns on how asymetrical my nose looked he suggested it was how I was healing and to give it time. He also tried to even it out with fillers, which did not work. I am beyond disappointed with this doctor and feel like he should not be practicing plastic surgery at all, although I'm not even sure he did my rhinoplasty. Do not have any procedures done by him, it will only cost you more in the long run to have it repaired by someone who knows what they are doing.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Sykes did a horrible job on my lower face lift in 2009. The sides turned out uneven. He overcharged me $700 by booking an anesthesiologist after I told him I would go with twilight to save money. He refused to reimburse me and stated, "Do you think I'm in the business to lose money?" He is arrogant and unethical.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I had been contemplating getting a rhinoplasty since age 16...so over a decade. My nose has always been a prominent feature on my face that has made me self conscious. I was very frightened that it would be painful so I kept putting it off. I'm in my 3rd year of medical school so I'll be going on job interviews for my first position as a doctor next year so it finally felt like the right time to take the plunge! I began to research surgeons. I decided to choose the physician who seemed to be the most capable and experienced, and worry about price later as surgery on my face did not seem like a good place to pinch pennies. Dr. Sykes has a ton of experience in facial plastic surgery and is also a skilled ENT so he would be able to ensure the breathing function of my nose would be ideal as well as the aesthetics. He is well known and highly respected in the medical community for his intelligence, innovation, artistry, and most importantly, consistently excellent results. I requested a consultation and quote from him, as well as a few other local surgeons with good reviews. I was stunned to find out that my first choice surgeon was also the most reasonably priced...in some cases, by a long shot! My consultation with Dr. Sykes went great. He seemed to understand exactly what I wanted and went out of his way to get me on his schedule during my only break from med school even though it meant that he and his team would have to be working a full Saturday. He was also able to make my mom feel comfortable even though she was skeptical about the idea of me getting plastic surgery. He carefully answered all of my questions at my pre-op appointment and prepared me for surgery. I was VERY nervous the morning of surgery, but he had a wonderful nurse, Kat, who put me at ease. She gave me warm blankets, used lidocaine for my IV insertion (so zero pain), and had the anesthesiologist promptly give me medications to calm down my nerves so I could be relaxed before surgery. Dr. Sykes came out to say hello before the surgery and reassure me that all would go well. His anesthesiologist also came to introduce himself. I was very nervous about the idea of being intubated, but Dr. Sykes only contracts with extremely experienced anesthesiologists and I could barely tell I'd been intubated after the surgery...didn't even have throat pain! The other thing I was worried about was waking up vomiting after surgery as several people online said they vomited a bunch of blood they swallowed during their rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Sykes team actually used a tube to get all of that junk out of my stomach while I was under so I didn't have to go through this vomiting. They were very focused on making the whole experience as comfortable as possible and they succeeded. Even though I had been so worried about the post-surgical pain, it never got above a 3/10, and I never needed to use the heavy pain medication. I only used Tylenol through my entire recovery. I was very swollen and bruised for about 5 days, but was back at work on day 9 without it being obvious that I'd had surgery. I won't be able to tell my complete final results until several months from now when the swelling is entirely gone, but I am already thrilled. I don't look like a different person and it isn't obvious I had a nose job. I just feel better when I look in the mirror and see pictures of myself. I just feel like he gave me the nose I was supposed to be born with. I am so happy and my only regret is that I didn't do it earlier. It was worth every penny and I'm 100% confident that I chose the right surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

I used dr Sykes for my nose job and neck lipo and am very pleased with my results! I also love him, he has made me feel so comfortable around him and is always available to answer any post op concerns! I def recommend him!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I have known Dr. Sykes as a surgeon for over 25 years. In that time, I have found Dr. Sykes to be compassionate, professional and a leader in his field. I have been a patient of Dr. Sykes and have been impressed with his technique and knowledge in his field. He takes the time to listen to me and recommends the procedure to achieve the best results. Without hesitation, I highly recommend the services of Dr. Jonathan Sykes.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I was relocating to Lincoln from Palo Alto last year due to my husband's passing and my retirement. I asked the cosmetic facial surgeon at the practice I had been going to for 7 years for non surgical therapies (Fraxel, fillers, and Botox) for a referral in the Sacramento area. Without hesitation he recommended Dr. Jonathan Sykes. The surgeon said if he had a family member who wanted cosmetic facial surgery he would have them go to him. I followed his advice and went in for a consultation in February, 2015. Dr. Sykes' office staff is amazing; congenial, efficient, and professional. Dr. Sykes was a sensitive communicator during our conversation in determining my goals for the surgery. He expertly advised me on the procedures that would accomplish them: endoscopic brow lift, bilateral upper and lower blepharoplasties, facelift, and fat augmentation. The surgery went perfectly and the combination of Dr. Sykes' expertise and the high level of patient care and education exhibited by the entire staff gave me results that exceeded my wildest expectations. Every morning when I look in he mirror I smile because I definitely do not see a 65 year old woman's face but one that reminds me of what I saw in the mirror in 1994, the year I met my husband!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Comes across as a very charming and friendly service provider;however, i would never go to him again, and would strongly advice anyone who considers his services to do more research and consider other local doctors who are more professional as well as better skilled...trust me, you will be glad you did!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Sutures in facelift failed 3 months after4 facelift. When I brought up my concerns which existed from the beginning and worsened- he avoided discussing the issue with me. Excellent bedside manner but caught his nurses gossiping about patients when I was left in room, after dr. left. His 2 primary admin staff were very professional and helpful. Yes he has outstanding credentials but my facelift results- 4 months after surgery have thus far been disappointing. I will see him for a followup visit this week to see if he will revise facelift.. So far he has not delivered on what was promised.not deliver on what he promised- surgically.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Dr. Sykes was very kind to me, but he did not give me what I desired. I had rhinoplasty. Dr. Sykes was upfront with me about the outcome of my nose would be exactly what I wanted, but it would be a definite improvement. Well, my nose looks the same.. WOMP. I wish I would've done a little more research on doctors, and perhaps had a surgeon who was more familiar with ethnic features. He has a gigantic schnozz himself.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1981)