Ratings for Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes

I had been contemplating getting a rhinoplasty since age 16...so over a decade. My nose has always been a prominent feature on my face that has made me self conscious. I was very frightened that it would be painful so I kept putting it off. I'm in my 3rd year of medical school so I'll be going on job interviews for my first position as a doctor next year so it finally felt like the right time to take the plunge! I began to research surgeons. I decided to choose the physician who seemed to be the most capable and experienced, and worry about price later as surgery on my face did not seem like a good place to pinch pennies. Dr. Sykes has a ton of experience in facial plastic surgery and is also a skilled ENT so he would be able to ensure the breathing function of my nose would be ideal as well as the aesthetics. He is well known and highly respected in the medical community for his intelligence, innovation, artistry, and most importantly, consistently excellent results. I requested a consultation and quote from him, as well as a few other local surgeons with good reviews. I was stunned to find out that my first choice surgeon was also the most reasonably priced...in some cases, by a long shot! My consultation with Dr. Sykes went great. He seemed to understand exactly what I wanted and went out of his way to get me on his schedule during my only break from med school even though it meant that he and his team would have to be working a full Saturday. He was also able to make my mom feel comfortable even though she was skeptical about the idea of me getting plastic surgery. He carefully answered all of my questions at my pre-op appointment and prepared me for surgery. I was VERY nervous the morning of surgery, but he had a wonderful nurse, Kat, who put me at ease. She gave me warm blankets, used lidocaine for my IV insertion (so zero pain), and had the anesthesiologist promptly give me medications to calm down my nerves so I could be relaxed before surgery. Dr. Sykes came out to say hello before the surgery and reassure me that all would go well. His anesthesiologist also came to introduce himself. I was very nervous about the idea of being intubated, but Dr. Sykes only contracts with extremely experienced anesthesiologists and I could barely tell I'd been intubated after the surgery...didn't even have throat pain! The other thing I was worried about was waking up vomiting after surgery as several people online said they vomited a bunch of blood they swallowed during their rhinoplasty surgery. Dr. Sykes team actually used a tube to get all of that junk out of my stomach while I was under so I didn't have to go through this vomiting. They were very focused on making the whole experience as comfortable as possible and they succeeded. Even though I had been so worried about the post-surgical pain, it never got above a 3/10, and I never needed to use the heavy pain medication. I only used Tylenol through my entire recovery. I was very swollen and bruised for about 5 days, but was back at work on day 9 without it being obvious that I'd had surgery. I won't be able to tell my complete final results until several months from now when the swelling is entirely gone, but I am already thrilled. I don't look like a different person and it isn't obvious I had a nose job. I just feel better when I look in the mirror and see pictures of myself. I just feel like he gave me the nose I was supposed to be born with. I am so happy and my only regret is that I didn't do it earlier. It was worth every penny and I'm 100% confident that I chose the right surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

I used dr Sykes for my nose job and neck lipo and am very pleased with my results! I also love him, he has made me feel so comfortable around him and is always available to answer any post op concerns! I def recommend him!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I have known Dr. Sykes as a surgeon for over 25 years. In that time, I have found Dr. Sykes to be compassionate, professional and a leader in his field. I have been a patient of Dr. Sykes and have been impressed with his technique and knowledge in his field. He takes the time to listen to me and recommends the procedure to achieve the best results. Without hesitation, I highly recommend the services of Dr. Jonathan Sykes.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I was relocating to Lincoln from Palo Alto last year due to my husband's passing and my retirement. I asked the cosmetic facial surgeon at the practice I had been going to for 7 years for non surgical therapies (Fraxel, fillers, and Botox) for a referral in the Sacramento area. Without hesitation he recommended Dr. Jonathan Sykes. The surgeon said if he had a family member who wanted cosmetic facial surgery he would have them go to him. I followed his advice and went in for a consultation in February, 2015. Dr. Sykes' office staff is amazing; congenial, efficient, and professional. Dr. Sykes was a sensitive communicator during our conversation in determining my goals for the surgery. He expertly advised me on the procedures that would accomplish them: endoscopic brow lift, bilateral upper and lower blepharoplasties, facelift, and fat augmentation. The surgery went perfectly and the combination of Dr. Sykes' expertise and the high level of patient care and education exhibited by the entire staff gave me results that exceeded my wildest expectations. Every morning when I look in he mirror I smile because I definitely do not see a 65 year old woman's face but one that reminds me of what I saw in the mirror in 1994, the year I met my husband!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Comes across as a very charming and friendly service provider;however, i would never go to him again, and would strongly advice anyone who considers his services to do more research and consider other local doctors who are more professional as well as better skilled...trust me, you will be glad you did!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Sutures in facelift failed 3 months after4 facelift. When I brought up my concerns which existed from the beginning and worsened- he avoided discussing the issue with me. Excellent bedside manner but caught his nurses gossiping about patients when I was left in room, after dr. left. His 2 primary admin staff were very professional and helpful. Yes he has outstanding credentials but my facelift results- 4 months after surgery have thus far been disappointing. I will see him for a followup visit this week to see if he will revise facelift.. So far he has not delivered on what was promised.not deliver on what he promised- surgically.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Dr. Sykes was very kind to me, but he did not give me what I desired. I had rhinoplasty. Dr. Sykes was upfront with me about the outcome of my nose would be exactly what I wanted, but it would be a definite improvement. Well, my nose looks the same.. WOMP. I wish I would've done a little more research on doctors, and perhaps had a surgeon who was more familiar with ethnic features. He has a gigantic schnozz himself.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I've known Dr Sykes for more than 20 years and as a physician I have been impressed by his highly academic approach to cosmetic medicine. He is incredibly experienced and has managed some of the most challenging conunfrums in trauma and aesthetic medicine. I have liked his personality -- he appeals to one's inherent intelligence and provides thouruogh education.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

RUN, RUN to another doctor as fast as you can. He had a "Botox" party my friends and I were invited to (to clarify what this "party" was - he collected checks from the women he injected). My friends and I were stunned at how arrogant he was. He openly shared with us specific procedures he had done on a ton of women attending this "party", out of their ear shot. Hello? Has he never heard of PATIENT PRIVACY? or even PROFESSIONALISM? We didn't get any BOTOX from him, but we all were educated on what plastic surgeon we would NEVER go to. I am not shocked at all the other bad reviews.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I can't believe some of these reviews! I LOVE Dr. Sykes. We've been seeing him for years and I could not be more impressed or pleased. I have never felt he was "in it for the almighty dollar" or that he was arrogant at all. Confident, yes, but that's what I want in my doctor! His punctuality does leave something to be desired, but I attribute that to the time he spends with patients like my son. I can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1981)

Delta Dental