You may also like

Rate Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes

Dr. Jonathan M. Sykes's Ratings

I was relocating to Lincoln from Palo Alto last year due to my husband's passing and my retirement. I asked the cosmetic facial surgeon at the practice I had been going to for 7 years for non surgical therapies (Fraxel, fillers, and Botox) for a referral in the Sacramento area. Without hesitation he recommended Dr. Jonathan Sykes. The surgeon said if he had a family member who wanted cosmetic facial surgery he would have them go to him.
I followed his advice and went in for a consultation in February, 2015. Dr. Sykes' office staff is amazing; congenial, efficient, and professional. Dr. Sykes was a sensitive communicator during our conversation in determining my goals for the surgery.
He expertly advised me on the procedures that would accomplish them: endoscopic brow lift, bilateral upper and lower blepharoplasties, facelift, and fat augmentation.
The surgery went perfectly and the combination of Dr. Sykes' expertise and the high level of patient care and education exhibited by the entire staff gave me results that exceeded my wildest expectations. Every morning when I look in he mirror I smile because I definitely do not see a 65 year old woman's face but one that reminds me of what I saw in the mirror in 1994, the year I met my husband!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2877703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Comes across as a very charming and friendly service provider;however, i would never go to him again, and would strongly advice anyone who considers his services to do more research and consider other local doctors who are more professional as well as better skilled...trust me, you will be glad you did!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2870704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Sutures in facelift failed 3 months after4 facelift. When I brought up my concerns which existed from the beginning and worsened- he avoided discussing the issue with me. Excellent bedside manner but caught his nurses gossiping about patients when I was left in room, after dr. left. His 2 primary admin staff were very professional and helpful.

Yes he has outstanding credentials but my facelift results- 4 months after surgery have thus far been disappointing. I will see him for a followup visit this week to see if he will revise facelift.. So far he has not delivered on what was promised.not deliver on what he promised- surgically.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2671141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Dr. Sykes was very kind to me, but he did not give me what I desired. I had rhinoplasty. Dr. Sykes was upfront with me about the outcome of my nose would be exactly what I wanted, but it would be a definite improvement. Well, my nose looks the same.. WOMP. I wish I would've done a little more research on doctors, and perhaps had a surgeon who was more familiar with ethnic features. He has a gigantic schnozz himself.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2649511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I've known Dr Sykes for more than 20 years and as a physician I have been impressed by his highly academic approach to cosmetic medicine. He is incredibly experienced and has managed some of the most challenging conunfrums in trauma and aesthetic medicine. I have liked his personality -- he appeals to one's inherent intelligence and provides thouruogh education.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

RUN, RUN to another doctor as fast as you can. He had a "Botox" party my friends and I were invited to (to clarify what this "party" was - he collected checks from the women he injected). My friends and I were stunned at how arrogant he was. He openly shared with us specific procedures he had done on a ton of women attending this "party", out of their ear shot. Hello? Has he never heard of PATIENT PRIVACY? or even PROFESSIONALISM? We didn't get any BOTOX from him, but we all were educated on what plastic surgeon we would NEVER go to. I am not shocked at all the other bad reviews.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2556465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I can't believe some of these reviews! I LOVE Dr. Sykes. We've been seeing him for years and I could not be more impressed or pleased. I have never felt he was "in it for the almighty dollar" or that he was arrogant at all. Confident, yes, but that's what I want in my doctor! His punctuality does leave something to be desired, but I attribute that to the time he spends with patients like my son. I can't say enough good things about him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2152496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I would NEVER recommend this doctor. He has the bedside manner of a porcupine. I went in for a non-cosmetic issue, and he kept trying to push plastic surgery -- which was extremely insulting. He was rude, didn't listen to what I said, and continued to try to sell a service I wasn't interested in. When my surgery failed I was understandably upset. He saw me tearing up, and asked in an insulting, sarcastic, and insensitive way, "So why are you crying?" He didn't believe that I had followed post-surgery instructions 100%. He said we could discuss alternatives, but that I'd have to book another appointment to do so instead of discussing them while I was there and upset. I would NEVER use him again and would not recommend him at all.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2152495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I went to Dr.Sykes over a decade ago because many of my friends (NFL cheerleaders)were happy with his work. I was in my thirties and sure I needed a facelift for my acne scars..he looked at my face and told me I needed a nose job and I think brow lift at the time. I thought wow he was kinda bold to just state his opinion, but my gut said to listen to him. I went from trying to fix a defect to having men stop me to tell me how beautiful I am. I trust his artistic eye completley and have had EVERY FACE SURGERY that you can think of lol, done by him (hence the large price is total over the years)and have always been happy, and if there was an issue, he resolved it for me with no surgeon fee (one time my eye crease healed funny and he re did it for me when we were sure it had settled that way and I was still not satisfied)I am 49 years old and I look younger and prettier than when I met him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2152494].votes_count ]]