Ratings for Dr. Barry Cohen

Refused to help in an emergency. Left him a message after hours, he did call back only to tell us that his not working now and that we should go to emergency room and then hung up the phone.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

I would like to comment on Dr. Cohen who I have seen for several years. I have seen a couple poor reviews on 'another site' that I would like to take issue with. I have tried to write a review for this other site and they have taken it down. Recent reports have said things about how the site is a for profit company and they will charge businesses in order to run positive reviews-something I find reprehensible.Dr. Cohen has always been an excellent physician for me and my husband. I have always found him approachable, knowledgeable and very kind. He listens to your issues and discusses what he thinks. But he is always been interested in my input also. Something I don't often see. As far as the time issue that is mentioned in several reviews, i have to disagree. If the problems is uncomplicated, the visit is usually short. But if there is a more serious issue, he will spend as long as needed with you. After seeing many Drs in the city, Dr. Cohen is undoubtedly the best I've seen

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

The most negligent doctor I have ever had the displeasure of visiting. He is truly a doctor for profit and doesn't seem to really care about doing a thorough job. The only positive reviews you will read are about how fast he gets you out of the office or how nice the furniture is. Does that actually make you a good doctor?

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Cohen needs to get new receptionists! They were flippant, rude and quite ditzy. They had inappropriate music BLARING in the waiting room. I felt like I was at a nightclub... Dr. Cohen is very nice and he does act professionally and seems to know what he was talking about. Although one time I went in for a psych referral, as I had been experiencing feelings of anxiety, he instead just wrote me a Rx for Clonopin! He barely even listened as I explained my symptoms, and I was alarmed at his nonchalance at handing out meds for a condition that he didn't listen to thoroughly.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

I have used Dr Cohen as my primary care physician for over 3 years. He has always been on time, thoughtful and very knowledgeable-when I was in for a respiratory infection last week, he noticed a rash that I've had for years and just ignored. He immediately diagnosed it, gave me some medication and it cleared up within days. And I was treated for my original complaint-bronchitis! While he seems a little like a kind 'absent minded professor' type, it is obvious that he is brilliant and also knows how to treat his patients like human beings-a rare combination. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

The worst! Getting a prescription refill requires 5 calls to his automated system. After 2 years of seeing him as my primary care doctor he said "nice to meet you" on every visit.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2008

I saw Dr Cohen late last year after suffering with a cough for several months. I first saw a couple other doctors in the neighborhood who talked to me for 2 minutes, listened to my breathing and told me I had allergies or bronchitis. They gave me antibiotics and cough medicine and sent me on my way. Nothing helped. When I saw Dr Cohen, he listened to me, took a look at the bruises on my side (which were there all along) and sent me directly for an xray. I had a large mass in the center of my chest. I was sent to the ER and immediately admitted to the hospital. It turned out that I had/have lymphoma (stage 3). I have since been treated with both chemotherapy and radiation and am now in remission. I'm back at work and feeling strong. I can never thank Dr Cohen enough for his careful evaluation and the caring he showed all through the process. I can highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2008

In the appointments I have had with Dr. Cohen, I have always felt like he sped through my phyicals. This concerned me made me feel like I wasn't getting a thorough physical. I also found that he didn't take the time to browse my file before coming into the room. Once he commented that I needed to lose weight, and I had to remind him that I had a severe back injury that had prevented me from exercising for some time. He just commented that he would have to read my file to know that. For these reasons, I gave him a low rating on helpfulness and knowledge. I first went to him because he came highly recommended by a friend, but I feel that he is not a suitable doctor for my needs.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2008

sorry to say that but my experience with him was really bad he misdiagnosed my pain for an ovarian cyst and when i was suffering from an unbearable pain he subscribed pain killers for me, after 6 moths of this nonsense i switched to another DR.( the amazing smart dr.Gottesman) who right away sent me to do an ultra sound where they found a huge cyst! i had a surgery done and i am in great shape now, but this could have done earlier if DR. Cohen would know what he was doing...

flag | Submitted November 15, 2007

what a sweet man! He is sincere, patient and calm. He really has his act together. I like him and would recommend him. I do wish they would take walk-ins though! but a sweetie that makes you feel important and not just another number. Thank you for being you.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Dr. Barry Cohen's Credentials

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1993)

• Blue Cross And Blue Shield - Bluecard PPO