Ratings for Dr. Leslie B. Vidal

Just to be sure: Don't trust surgeons. I had a little cartilage left in my hip, but there was a bone spur and labral tears. I went to a surgeon on Golden, Colorado at first. He said he can fix me, but I will need a new hip eventually. I asked if it's okay to play my sport for 3 seasons, take a steroid shot, and schedule surgery for the fall to round out the bone spur and anchor the tears. He said it's not a problem. I blame myself for that stupid move, but his expert opinion didn't help. I was able to play for 2 seasons and they were great! Still using the original xray and MRI, I decided to go to Dr. Vidal from a recommendation. She agreed to do the surgery, but warned me that there's not a lot of cartilage left and I'll need a replacement after 2 to 5 years. I credit her for honesty. The problem with her (and me mostly), is that we never took a new xray before the surgery. I don't understand how my cartilage got so much worse in 2 seasons. Maybe somehow the surgery caused it. But after her bone spur surgery, she told me that my arthritis was significantly advanced and I need a replacement. That was needless suffering, but I'm highly responsible. Then, I tried stem cell therapy. What a waste of time and money. Also, a lot more suffering. It's painful! Fortunately, I don't regret the stem cell therapy because I wouldn't have known about hip resurfacing. I just had that done. Hopefully, it will work better for me than a total hip replacement. That's the plan anyway.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Was 30 minutes late as the first appointment of the day and she saw a couple of others before me. Why did I take the first appt. then? Talks super fast and seems to try and rush rush rush during the appointment. Phenomenal surgeon, but needs to address more of the "soft skills"

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Leslie B. Vidal's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

UnitedHealthcare