Ratings for Dr. John F. McCarthy

Have Peyronies Disease. He suggested I come back in 6 months for possible treatment as the disease could be active. I returned for a follow up and exam. He entered the treatment room and said " Whats Up" I said I am here at his request for a 6 month follow up. to see if the mass was still active. I asked questions and was meet with a very loud and sharp response. He put his hands over his face and continued to be loud. I asked why he was yelling at me.? He indicated he could not palpate significant plaque. and would not treat me. I indicated to him that I could palpate a mass and that it affected me. His response and the entire interaction he had with me was very inappropriate. I came to him to help me resolve this disease not to be berated. Shameful Bedside Manner !!!!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Did a fantastic job at handling my kidney stone. Gave me time to urinate it out whole. Eventually, needed to break it up.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Most money hungry doctor! Does not care about your comfort. I saw him 3 weeks ago, ($60 co-pay) and he requested I come back in to get a refill on an rx! Only wants your $, does not care about your well being.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

Dr. McCarthy is treating me for bladder cancer, he is considerate and truthful and staying on top of my situation. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

Dr. John F. McCarthy's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company