Ratings for Dr. Phillip C. Edmonds

I have lived in five other states and have never liked a doctor as much as I like Dr. Edmonds.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Very professional.Staff was excellent. Seemed to really care about my health.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

They wrote down incorrect info on my medical records....Dr. Edmonds does not pay attention to what he is doing. The office secretary was very rude when I had questions. Just a bad experience.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

We moved to Greenville from VA in 2007. Dr. Edmunds was recommended to us and we began our journey with him. He is very cutting-edge in terms of treatment and will quickly make referrals to other doctors if he feels it necessary. He is always pleasant and compassionate, and makes us feel that we are the only patients he has. We never feel rushed when we have an appointment and that means a lot! I'm so thankful that we live only a few minutes from his office! That makes it nice! His staff is always courteous and helpful. And when messages are left for him to call us regarding a problem he does so promptly, just as he does when we are needing new scripts for our medication. We trust Dr. Edmunds! He has an excellent bedside manner and we feel we can laugh and share things in our life with him. Wouldn't change anything about him or the office staff. Hope he plans to practice for a long, long time. We love you Dr. E.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Gary Cottingim was my family doctor for 28 years and his were big shoes to fill. But my husband and I both love Dr. Edmonds! I recommended my parents to him and they love him, too - and that's a miracle!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

This was my first visit with Dr Edmonds. He was very professional and I liked the way he sits and takes notes on previous medical history instead of having the nurse do it. Then if he had a question he could ask me and I could ask him anything that I was concerned about. I always wondered when you filled out a form on your first visit how much the dr actually took note. He addressed several concerns I had. He was recommended by a friend and I am pleased to have him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

I am a 49 year old male and long time patient of Dr. Phillip Edmonds and have always received the finest care. He is knowledgeable, punctual, and caring. He does have a slightly off kilter style of humor at times but personally I like it, everything does not have to be serious all the time, doctors are indeed human. He is young, about 20 years younger than me, and after having doctors that were older I like his fresh approach to medical problems, I think he has less of a tendency to pre-diagnose the problem. He doesn't mess around, if he doesn't know, he gets you to someone who does. I have been up front with him since day 1 and he has done the same with me. Sometimes I didn't want to hear what he had to say, but unlike some other patients, I want the truth from my Doctor and he has always told me just that. Personally, if more Doctors were like him we would be better off. I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. Edmonds and the staff.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

I am very satisfied with Dr. Edmonds as a physician and with the staff in general. I trust his skills and have always been treated with care and respect.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Saw Dr. Edmonds for first time today. I gave him a paper with my medical info. He handed me my paper with my medical info b/c he said he made note of all info that he needed. I then asked his opinion on WLS because I am going through the process to have it. His response-he didn't agree with it because losing weight was something you should be able to do on your own. If you could go on Survivor and not worry about the million dollar prize and just do it or if you could have your mouth sewn 3/4 shut then you wouldn't need surgery." and then "Now get out of my office because I have other patients to see." Then says, "I'm kidding but really I'm not. You do really need to leave because I do have other patients to see." I have never been treated so bad and felt so humilated before in my life.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

Dr. Phillip C. Edmonds's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)