Ratings for Dr. Richard R. Hainer

Upon arriving for surgery I was asked to sign consent for indicating potential post op problems that smokers may have with specific surgery. The surgery I was scheduled for was not listed. Never-the-less I raised the question to Dr. Hainer as I entered the surgical suite. He asked if I had smoked a cigarette within the last month; when I answered to the affirmative, he raised his voice and told me “I don’t do surgery on smokers”. (According to his consent form, he does.) When I suggested that he could have saved me time and him money by telling me of his unwritten policy, he exploded again saying “I’ll run my practice the way I want to”. This guy is unprofessional and unethical (letting his personal preferences exclude patents from his practice) and, perhaps, unstable. Think twice before allowing him to cut you.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

I had an appointment with this doctor for a follow-up after surgery, he did not show up! There were two other patients there who had a appointments as well, so I know it wasn't just my mistake. I left two messages with the recorder and the office never called me back, no apology, no explaination, no contact at all. Scarey practice!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

My daughter broke her nose and needed surgery. Was able to get to her quickly, and we were pleased with the results. Was very helpful and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

I liked him. I'm considering going back to him, but I am also getting other surgeons opinions.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2006

excellent; stepped in after 1st surgeon did a poor job.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2006

Dr. Richard R. Hainer's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1990)