Ratings for Dr. Richard R. Hainer

I’ve had 2 surgeries , involving multiple procedures, regarding my physical needs for skin removal and body contouring after 120 lb natural weight loss from diet and exercise and maintaining for 3 yrs.. I’m so glad Dr Hainer was interested in taking on my many needs . He immediately knew what my needs were, and made genius suggestions of how to achieve my goals. I put my trust in Dr Hainer, and I was not disappointed— he gave this 63 y/o the body of a 20 something!! From Tia, his nurse to Kim , office manager , they made me feel comfortable, informed— explained mine and Dr Hainer ‘s partnership, and my role in optimizing my results. I was given Dr Hainer’s cell phone # to contact him 24/7. He always was prompt with returning my calls and responding to my needs. I’m having another procedure with Dr Hainer this fall 2018, and I have no doubt about his skill, competency with giving me another EXCELLENT result. This Doctor clearly loves what he does, takes great pride in his outcomes , is professional and compassionate and genius in his suggestions to achieve maximum outcomes!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Upon arriving for surgery I was asked to sign consent for indicating potential post op problems that smokers may have with specific surgery. The surgery I was scheduled for was not listed. Never-the-less I raised the question to Dr. Hainer as I entered the surgical suite. He asked if I had smoked a cigarette within the last month; when I answered to the affirmative, he raised his voice and told me “I don’t do surgery on smokers”. (According to his consent form, he does.) When I suggested that he could have saved me time and him money by telling me of his unwritten policy, he exploded again saying “I’ll run my practice the way I want to”. This guy is unprofessional and unethical (letting his personal preferences exclude patents from his practice) and, perhaps, unstable. Think twice before allowing him to cut you.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

I had an appointment with this doctor for a follow-up after surgery, he did not show up! There were two other patients there who had a appointments as well, so I know it wasn't just my mistake. I left two messages with the recorder and the office never called me back, no apology, no explaination, no contact at all. Scarey practice!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

My daughter broke her nose and needed surgery. Was able to get to her quickly, and we were pleased with the results. Was very helpful and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

I liked him. I'm considering going back to him, but I am also getting other surgeons opinions.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2006

excellent; stepped in after 1st surgeon did a poor job.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2006

Dr. Richard R. Hainer's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1990)