Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Bermant

horrible experience! I was treated like a piece of meat. Very unprofessional too!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

This man was a miracle worker. He saved my life on more than one occasion. I am in shock that he has passed . Thank You for the information. R.I.P.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Sadly, Dr. Bermant passed away in May of 2013. For those of us who knew him, I can say he was a caring and professional person who only meant the best for his patients. May he rest in peace.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

I went to Dr. Bermant for a conseltation for gynecomastia surgery. There is no way I would let this guy operate on me. He is the most rude arogant person that i have ever met. I thought he was the best in the buisness because the way he is so involved on gynecomastia.org. Now I am convinced that he runs the website because I posted on one of the fourms about my experience with him and my post was deleted and I got banned. Stay away from this guy he is not the best I promise you! After he insulted me and said that I didnt have gynecomastia that I just had fat breast that i needed to lose weight i went to see another Doctor for the surgery he performed it on me and said that it was gynecomastia that it never would have went away with out surgery. I was not fat in the first place I am in the military and I am at 15% body fat. I am glad I didnt go with him because I am very happy with my results from Dr. Jacobs.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Dr. Bermant is an absolute ****. Judging by his website, and by other user's comments he may very well be a fine plastic surgeon, but he treated me with horrible disrespect that made me feel worse leaving than I did going in. I would ask him to repeat himself over something that I didn't immediately understand and he'd respond with, "I've already answered that. What, do you want me to sit here and repeat myself over and over again? I even broke it down into small sentences for you." I'm not kidding, those were his exact words. You can remember words well when they are that immensely rude. He would get offended like a little kid over the smallest things. He has absolutely ZERO bedside manner. I would never give him my money even if my slight puffy nipples turned into gaping D-size cups, simply because this man is so immensely rude that I would feel morally wrong paying him my hard earned dollar. Dr. Bermant gets an absolute F! (His nurse Jane is extremely nice.)

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

I had an otoplasty consultation. As others have said, he has a very aloof demeanor. He was very detailed in the examination. He went through all of the risks, etc. and it was very scripted. Seemed as though he had done it a million times and was tired of saying the same thing over and over. I asked a few questions which were answered. But as far as discussing the actual procedure (different approaches, how far back my ears would be adjusted) I felt he didn't want to entertain that type of discussion. In other words, he was the expert and knew what was best. Basically he was going to do the procedure the way he felt was best. He didn't ask for any input from me on what I wanted. This makes me nervous because I'm the type of person that wants details and options to make sure I'm not "surprised" by the final result. I haven't ruled him out but I would need to have more of a discussion with him about his approach and his expected outcome.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. Bermant's staff is very nice and caring. However Dr. Bermant himself is very arrogant and has terrible bedside manner. I felt a bad vibe coming from this man immediately when I started asking him questions...leaving me with indirect answers. I am one of the many people who wasted our money and most importantly our TIME with this man. He is too selective with his patients. My consultation with this man was the biggest waste of my time. He will sit there and point out your other flaws then will immediately dismiss you without any concern, very unnecessary and unprofessional. Although his website is amazing, detailed with information about Rhinoplasty, his lack of concern for the feelings of his patients and his selectiveness does not make him a quality surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

I was uncomfortable with bedside manor and using the word "boob". not very professional . Will not return.(Gave me the same feelings and comments as he gave the other sad face ratings here). Please read all of the reviews before you go.He my be a great artist in the o.r.But i need more. wish i had known of this site.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Very arrogant, condescending, and rude. He became irate when I asked him a question and left the office after yelling at me for sometime. He made me very uncomfortable from the get go due to his horrible bedside manner and no concern for privacy. I would NOT recommend him, unless you really want to feel terribly about yourself. I left in tears.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Very Rude! I went in with one issue in my mind, and due to him pin pointing other parts of my body I left with several others. He was very quick to point out all of my "Other Flaws". I wanted to discuss Lipo and I left in tears thinking I needed a Tummy Tuck. (5'8 150 lbs) Wouldn't go back even if he is the best in his field, his bed side manner is terrible, and made me feel 10x worse about myself.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2008

Dr. Michael A. Bermant's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1978)

MB Health