Ratings for Dr. Jeremy S. Melker

Dr. Melker is the best ear doctor I have ever had treat me. I am 64 years old and have had surgeries on both ears and I require follow-up visits every six months. I have been seeing Dr. Melker for several years. He always takes the time to make sure he does not hurt me. He explains everything so that I understand it. I am a disabled vet and I could get treated by the VA and not pay anything, but I choose to have Dr. Melker treat me. I see Dr. Melker twice a year.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

has an attitude, is abrupt, focused on his questions, may be a good Dr but I wont see him again

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

No one really wants to see a doctor much less a surgeon, but I was having issues which meant I have been doing the rounds of specialists and had come to the point that an ENT was the next one to see, so urged by my daughter (a doctor), I made arrangements to see Dr. Mekler, from my intial call to make the appointment, I was dealt with in a very professional way then arriving for my first visit a little taken aback to seen on time, I was given a comprehensive exam by both the nursing and audiology staff, Dr. Mekler then explained the results in very clear and concise manner what they contained and suggestions and what to do next. Moving along, I ended up having surgery, the whole process leading up to, during and after have been handled excellently, from my appointments being made to reminders of them, I even have a portal that I and my daughter can log in to and check on what is going on and clarify times. I was not asked to do this testimonial, I think Dr. Mekler and his staff have earned it by just being good at what they do and it has allowed me to show them how much I appreciate them. I also happily supply my name. Keith Potter

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

My daughter had multiple ear infections as a toddler. We finally decided to put tubes in her ears. Dr. Melker was recommended by friends and family in the medical profession, so we went to him. He was wonderful with her. It turned out there were some complications when the tubes needed to come out (they didn't fall out on their own), so he explained the procedure that might be needed I detail since I asked about it. He said he thought the ear would heal itself which it did. I fou d him to be very knowledgeable and thorough.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

This guy thinks he's god, so does his staff, and it all is a pretty sad thing to witness. I went to see him because of an ear infection, the first in my life, so I didn't know what the "normal" procedure was. They gave me an unwarned and completely unnecessary full hearing test which I learned later costs a fortune. Needless to say that I would have never gotten it if I had known. I was actually asked if I had felt hearing loss and I said no. Be careful with that one, people! My insurance was billed $600 for this visit. I had to pay half of that. Six hundred dollars. He was with me for 20 minutes at the most. Did he cure my ear infection? For a while, but it came back and he never really helped me to really learn how to prevent it. He offered me some ear plugs to use in the shower, but they didn't have them. They said they would call me when they had them again, but never did. I was probably lucky, I wouldn't be surprised if they had charged me $200 for them. That was the end of that.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

I've had a couple of procedures and one surgery done by this doctor and for my particular problems I've found him very knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2006

This physician spent most of the time talking instead of listening. He thought it worth a high-priced "Level 5 Consult" to tell me things I already know, having been to several other physicians with the same problem. Then he performed an unnecessary diagnostic procedure that he had no reason to believe would shed any light on my problem, as I have already had the procedure several times, the results of which were provided to him. In the end I received no service and $300 in debt.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2006

Dr. Jeremy S. Melker's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal