Ratings for Dr. Martin J. Carney

7 customers are 'satisfied', but there are scores of additional customers who are not.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I had Dr. Carney preform a breast augmentation approximately 23 years ago. I just had to come back and say 23 years later they still look great. About five years ago I paid my last visit to my OBGYN who was retiring after over 30 years. He asked me who did my breast augmentation because it was the best job he had ever felt or seen. I considered that the ultimate compliment given that he has made a living examining and feeling breast for over 30 years!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Very patient, thorough, caring. Best bedside manners.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I have been going to dr carney for years. My mom, aunt and I all had breast augmentations by Dr. Carney. He did a wonderful job. I like Dr Carney and his staff. Dr carney is easy to talk to and helpful.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

I had laser hair removal done by a technician in the Newport News office. It was my 4th session for my bikini area when the technician ran the laser over my hip tattoo. It felt like I was being burned and continued after the laser was off. When I told the technician it was still burning, she gave me ice packs to put on it and sent me home. Later that day a large blister appeared. A few days after that it popped and oozed. When I called they were concerned and scheduled a meeting with Dr. Carney. When I went in he exclaimed he didn't even know a laser would burn a tattoo. He then proceeded to make jokes, presumably to put me at ease, but it only made it worse. When I first got the tattoo a part of it got rubbed out at the top and color was missing. By the time I met with Dr. Carney you could already see where the laser hit the tattoo the color was coming out. He said I could "put an arrow through the two holes in my heart." He gave me some antibiotic. Now my tattoo is messed up forever.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Dr. Carney is a miracle worker. I had consultations with seven other plastic surgeons in the Hampton Roads area and he was the most professional and cared the most about my overall health. He performed my breast augmentation surgery in April 2011 and the surgery and recovery process could not have been more seamless. Everyone in his offices are professionals who genuinely care about you. My results are amazing. I'm so glad I put my trust in Dr. Carney.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

Going to Dr. Carney was the worst mistake of my life. He did a tummy tuck, breast lift, and eyelid lift. The results are horrible. My nipples are not even circular, he put the tummy tuck scar one inch down from my belly button, and he didn't put the scar in the eyelid crease. I was 27 when I had surgery, and now my self esteem is ruined, and I dont have the money to get it fixed. He also tightened my stomach way too tight. When I woke up from my tummy tuck, I had shortness of breath and bad acid reflux. I have been to several doctors and they told me he took away too much skin, and my stomach is so tight that I cant fully inflate my lungs, and acid is causing me precancerous cells in my esophagus from my stomach being pushed into my diaphragm. He has never taken responsibility for doing this to me, he hasnt fixed the problems he caused me, and now he is just ignoring me completely. I doubt if the good reviews are from real patients. He ruined my body and my life.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

I love Dr. Carney and the staff at The Carney Center! I had my first and so far only procedure done by Dr. Carney. My experience as well as the results were fantastic! I'd recommend Dr. Carney as well as the Carney Center w/o hesitation!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

The Carney Center is the BEST! My only regret is not having gone to him first. I had a breast augmentation at another facility in the area and did NOT get a good result, I went to Dr. Carney for a "re-do" and the difference between the 2 experiences was night and day! Everyone from the ladies in the front office, to the nurses, and of course Dr. Carney treated me with such care and professionalism. The followup care I received immediately post op as well as months later has always been top notch. I love recommending Dr. Carney to my friends and family and plan on using their services again. The Carney Center has a lifelong client in me!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

I have been going to the Carney Center for a couple years and continue to be more and more impressed every time I go! My most recent procedure was a tummy tuck. After having two babies, I couldn't get rid of this extra skin on my stomach. Dr. Carney did an amazing job on my tummy tuck. I thought I would never be able to wear a bikini again. Now I can, and feel great. He and his staff made me feel so comfortable and answered every question I had. I've never been to another doctor's office where I have been seen in a timely manner. Dr. Carney has never rushed me and listens to all of my concerns and is easily reached after hours. I have recommended Dr. Carney to several of my friends and everyone has been extremely happy! I also regularly go to the Carney Center for skincare procedures. I love the facials and the injectibles. Lisa is amazing! My skin feels and looks so much younger and healthier.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Dr. Martin J. Carney's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1986)

Kaiser-Permanente