Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Wood

Went to him for a second opinion regarding pain in my foot after surgery. I can barely walk and it's getting worse by the day. My MRI clearly shows a tear and he brushed it off and told me I was a slow healer. Walked out of his office frustrated and horrified. Blessing in disguise because after that appointment I wouldn't want him doing the surgery anyways.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Wish he had been more interested and helpful. Very frustrating for a patient.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Ok, all you MORONS that have a problem with dr.wood you are absolutely FRIED ! Hes is a very talented doctor and I cannot say enough about him. He replaced a ligament in my ankle and it feels fantastic. (I've had problems with this ankle for over 5 years now) The recovery was exactly as he predicted and my scar is barely visible. So you people that think hes a terrible doctor should go jump off a building.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

Dr Wood has now done both my knees 9total replacement. As far as his work and his professionalism- he is excellent- I get comments on how minor my scar is. He is very supportive and has made himself available at any concern. On my 2nd I am expierancing some swealling but he has stayed with Dr Wood has now done both my knees -total replacement. As far as his work and his professionalism- he is excellent- I get comments on how minor my scar is. He is very supportive and has made himself available at any concern. On my 2nd I am experiencing some swelling but he has stayed with me on this as to potential causes. I can not say enough good things- he never once pushed either surgery and left them up to me as to when via pain from arthritis.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Robert Wood was unaware of a first MTP joint replacement procedure that had been available for over nine years, so he FUSED the MTP joint. He then closed with a suture, inappropriate for that location, resulting in healing problems. Surgical results were poor and painful for over a year, and his handiwork had to be replaced by a skilled surgeon at New England Baptist Hospital, who installed the same artificial joint that Robert Wood maintained did not exist. Stay AWAY from this one.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

Dr. Wood had a correct diagnosis of my ankle difficulty, but his surgical technique was apparently poor to fix a lesion on my talus. As a result, he was the likely cause of a tare my cartilidge, and possibly damaged one of my ligaments. I had to go to Boston to have the cart and ligaments repaired properly. I would not recomend him to anyone. He did fix the lesion, but could have caused far more harm than he helped. It took Mt. Auburn hospital to repair the damage. During the recovery time, I told him over and over that things still weren't right, but he told me I was a slow recoverer. I did have short times when I felt better, but he should have known when my recovery time was far longer than expected. I gave up with him when a year later, I was in more pain than I was when I went to see him in the first place. Now, for the first time in 4 years, I am pain free. If these other injuries were present when I was in his care, he never discussed them with me, or what to do with them.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008