Ratings for Dr. Paul E. Johnson

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

This is just a kind man who cares about his patients.....or at least he did me.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

The best end of story. I would let him take care of anyone in my family.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

As a physician I assume you are friends or partners. I had a routine septoplasty that turned into a disaster by Dr Johnson. He also performed a turbinate reduction. The septoplasty left me with a septum Perforation he denied until I forced him to look at it. He then acknowledged it and admitted it was his mistake. We went to a plastic surgeon to get it fixed. That surgeon stated that whoever operated on me before if they simply would have used a bit of attention to detail the repair could have been avoided. He also did a poor job with the turbinate reduction and left me with scar bands which had to be removed and be packed for 10 days. This isn't a online rating game it is fact and truth. If you don't believe me if be more than happy to prove it and you can pay the 13000 that is being paid on as a balance to the plastic surgeon after insurance to help me out. It is far from a game.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

As a physician in Bloomington I can assure you this is your man. I understand this online rating game and the vociferous negative comments about Paul are obviously people with an agenda. I had a LIFE THREATNING problem and he saved my life. I did not receive my medical education by watching Greys anatomy or reading a book. I understand how this works. Sometimes you are going to wait to see the best. Especially when every primary care doctor within 11 counties wants him to see their patients. Bring a book an feel reassured you are where you should be.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr Paul Johnson was a poor choice for our family. He worked on my son and has left him with a life long issue that will have to be managed on a daily basis. We went for a routine request and the surgery was completely botched. Do not trust your family or yourself with him. Sorry to say.

Submitted September 9, 2014

Before I saw Dr. Johnson I had read the review on this site and was prepared to wait a little. My visit actually occured on time but may help explain the wait. On my visit, which was for a cough, Dr. Johnson discoved a tumor in my voicebox. I had been coughing for months and no other doctor had found this tumor. This was completely unexpected for me and I became quite distrought. Both Dr. Johnson and his staff were great with helping me through this initial shock. I was in his office for 2 hours in a exam room. I am sure that I delayed the rest of the day. Dr. Johnson never made me feel like I was holding him up and he patiently worked through all my questions and fears. Maybe people should realize that the reason a surgeon like Dr. Johnson is behind is a good sign not a bad one. I would wait all day to see doctors that care about their patients as much as he does.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. Johnson is a complete joke. I waited for almost TWO hours to see him. He was only in the room with me for a total of ten minutes, and he left several times to "check on other patients." I haven't been billed by my insurance yet, but I can only imagine what this visit will cost. Dr. Johnson spent the majority of my ten minutes with him bad-mouthing my existing doctor for putting me on a prescription that hadn't really been helping. I didn't find that to be professional at all. Then, he told me to start a new medicine by a certain date. I called the pharmacy...nothing. It's been almost a full week without this medicine that I need, and Dr. Johnson hasn't even closed my chart yet. Needless to say...I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

My doctor made the appointment 6/17/13 and I knew he was squeezing me in. When I was put in patient room the nurse had the medication already in room. Dr Johnson never look in my nose. He made a big issue about using a cream but I had to call and demand he call the script to CVS. Told me to go to Bloom Hospital only. Why would anyone use that GERM infested place. I will never see him or that DEATH CENTER. Today I saw a real ENT Dr.Jesse Phillips.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Dr Johnson was excellent with my three month old. He answered all of my questions thoroughly.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Dr. Paul E. Johnson's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

HealthPartners

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a survivor of throat cancer diagnosed and treated by Dr. Johnson I can assure you that you are good hands with him................."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is just a kind man who cares about his patients.....or at least he did me."

April 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best end of story. I would let him take care of anyone in my family."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "As a physician I assume you are friends or partners. I had a routine septoplasty that turned into a disaster by Dr Johnson. He also performed a turbinate reduc..."

May 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a physician in Bloomington I can assure you this is your man. I understand this online rating game and the vociferous negative comments about Paul are obviou..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Paul Johnson was a poor choice for our family. He worked on my son and has left him with a life long issue that will have to be managed on a daily basis. We..."

September 9, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=26980'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014