Ratings for Dr. J. David Swift

After reading the negative reviews it would be easy to be scared off by Dr Swift, however I assure you this would be a huge mistake. He is an absolute gem. Dr Swift goes above and beyond when it comes to getting to know his patients and for developing an understanding of their lifestyle habits including diet and exercise along with listening to any and all of a patients concerns. He takes whatever time is necessary with a patient, discussing all aspects of their health issues, and never gives leaves you feeling rushed. Dr Swift also isn't the kind of doctor to run out of the office to make a T time, and will stay with a patient for as long as necessary, even an hour or more after the office should have been closed. I have also never waited more then a few minutes in the waiting room, though one can imagine that in such a small clinic it would only take one medical emergency to ruin an entire days schedule. Perhaps the negative review came from a patient who could not handle his honest feedback about their self destructive behaviors. I'll admit that I had a tough time facing the realities of my poor diet and other issues but he took the time to talk to me, and specifically made time for me in follow up appointments. He is a vegan and mentions this to his patients while giving nutritional advice, in my experience he has never suggested that I adopt such a life style and instead councils an increased intake of fruits and vegetables and gives other suggestions for a healthy diet. He has not once suggested eliminating meat or animal products from my own diet. As far as the negative comment on him being an over over prescriber in the service of big pharma, I cant believe that is anything close to the truth, and it certainly doesn't match with his values on a healthy diet and lifestyle being an essential part of medical treatment. Perhaps the patient leaving a nasty review was resistant to necessary treatment as Dr. Swift is adamant about patient compliance with their prescribed drug regimen. I know it took his bluntness and insistance over its necessity for me to overcome my initial rejection of the treatment that I desperately needed. Dr Swift also goes above and beyond when it comes to dealing with patients in financial crisis. He continued seeing me while unemployed and uninsured for a token fee, even going so far as to find other health care providers that would be willing to work with me while unable to pay. The staff are curtious and efficient, and I haven't ever had any issues with scheduling an appointment on short notice.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Mis diagnosed a bladder infection. It got worse and all he gave me was a topical antibiotic. How is that supposed to help. I found him condescending and judgmental.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Hard to get ahold of office when calling. But visits are awesome

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

doctor very informative to my conditions. seems like dr staff has turn over but the assistant i have is the same. doctor spends fair amount of time with me seems like office rooms are outdatd

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

My husband and I have been under the care of Dr. Swift since 2002. He keeps up to date o all the latest medical technology and new medicines. He is kind, compassionate and takes time to listen to any problems we have. We are very satisfied with Dr Swift and his staff

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I have been coming to Dr Swift for over a year and I have always had great care from him. the staff is always very friendly and helpful. They always call with a reminder for my appointments, and I have never had any problems getting in for an appointment when I have been sick.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I searched for a doc not in a large group because those groups are run by MBA' s not MD's. When I found his office I was overjoyed! His staff is so helpful, capable and kind. I know it took him a while to find the RIGHT staff, he would settle for nothing less but the best and the best he now has in Heather & Melanie!! Billing has never been an issue with me or my insurance company. Doctor Swift actually CARES about the health and well being of his patients. Because Dr. Swift takes the necessary time needed with each patient, another may wait a few minutes. But honestly, I'd wait hours for a compassionate, knowledgable and attentive doctor like J. David Swift! If you're looking for a doctor who will treat you with respect, listen to you and partner with you toward a healthier life, you can't dial his number fast enough! I could actually go on & on!! Hurry book your appointment. Tell him Sarah sent you!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I have been Dr. Swift's patient for nine years. He is an excellent doctor. He ckecks my blood pressure and overall heslth several times a year. I have learned so much about health and nutrition from him! I especially appreciate his thoroughness and impressive knowledge of the most recent medical treatments and test results. He treats patients respectfully and intelligently. Since I have been his patient, I have adopted a much healthier lifestyle and have lost weight by choice of foods and exercise. Dr. Swift is excellent in his explanations of why certain foods and activities are heathy, and why others are not. I give him the highest possible recommendation.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Doctor Swift is a good caring, attentive Doctor...I'd still be going t him but he has such a turnover in office staff there always seemed to be a new face, and his billing department screwed me up to the point my insurance won't deal with him so I need to pay some very expensive and might add unsolicited tests out of pocket, for that reason I won't be back.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2014

When I was a patient of Dr. Swift, I found him to be extremely caring, thorough and knowledgeable. During a prescribed treadmill test at the hospital, he sat in the room and monitored the entire process. I have had several treadmill tests including those ordered by cardiologists and never has any of those prescribing physicians spent the time to monitor the procedure. Dr. Swift is a physician who sincerely cares about the health of his patients.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Dr. J. David Swift's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)
  • Northwestern University (Grad. 1985)
  • University of California, Irvine (Grad. 1977)

• Diabetes