Dr. Sujit R. Varma

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sujit R. Varma

I've only had good experiences with Dr Varma and getting my depression treated

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Dr varma is a great psychiatrist he cares about myself and my situations he is willing to work with you and new medication that will benefit you he expects change he expects change for a better quality of life I feel very comfortable having him as my psychiatrist and willing to tell him the truth he has never judged me if anything he will encourage you and I will continue please BM as long as I need to I appreciate him helping me with my me. Carissa F

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

This Dr. is a pill pushing doctor that has no idea what He's doing and after He gets you totally messed up on 8 different drugs he calls you a drug addict in front of other patients in a waiting room. This Guy is from another Country and places very little value on human beings. Beware,Go else where .He is a very abusive person and blames his patients for being ill.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

DOCTOR VARMA IS A GREAT DOCTOR. HE IS HONEST AND DOESNT GIVE YOU EXTRA BS APPOINTMETS LIKE MOST OTHER DOCTORS DO JUST TO KEEP THEIR MONEY COMING. ANY DOCTOR YOU SEE WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU IF YOU YOURSELF ARENT REMOVING YOURSELF FROM THE SITUATIONS THAT ARE CAUSING THE MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEM UNLESS YOU WERE BORN THAT WAY. ITS ALL ON HOW MUCH EFFORT YOU PUT INTO YOU WANTING TO GET BETTER. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A LAB RAT TIL THEY FIGURE OUT THAT NOTHING WORKS. BUT NOTHING WORKS BECAUSE AGAIN (YOU) HAVE NOT TAKEN THE STEPS IT TAKES TO MAKE YOU HEALTHY. DOCTORS GO BY WHAT YOU TELL THEM, AND WHEN THEY TRY TO HELP YOU, YOU BASH THEM. ANALYZE THE SITUATION, MAYBE IS NOT THE DOCTORS, MAYBE ITS YOU. START WITH YOU THEN WORK ON OTHERS!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Varma is a dependable knowledgeable provider. No nonsense and gets to the point which I appreciate.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

He means well. However, I don't think he knows what he is doing. He prescribed me an insane dosage and I questioned him and he assured it would be fine. I then spent at least 14 hours incredibility high and sick. Be cautious. :)

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

Total piece of garbage called so of his other patients pathetic in my presence was bascially making fun of me the whole time do not seee this man.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Very nice and open to new methods. Willing to try anything to help. Also giving me free pills since I cant afford them!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Was told I was an alcoholic because of I was in rehabilitation for alcohol 13 years ago. Told I was a pothead because I admitted (as we all should) all the drugs I'm on. I said I used marijuana 2 or 3 times in the last month, and drink 1-2 nights a week. Never questioned amount. Told me I should never have had my sleeve gasterectory performed, that I'm not psychologically stable enough to undergo such a procedure (18 mos after I did it and lost 170 lbs). Basically asked what pills I wanted, as if he was a dispenser. I did not feel he cared at all about the situation I was in or for my mental wellbeing whatsoever. Also said he would prescribe no more medication unless I pass a blood and urine test before my next visit. Generally I went there for help at one of the toughest times in my life and left feeling worse. Had no interest in my mental wellbeing, aside from keeping my script filled. I won't be seeing him long.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Sujit R. Varma's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Varma is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) and has been working in the mental health field since 1997. In addition to psychiatric medication management, Dr. Varma offers the following services: •Saliva drug testing through Cordant labs – done on the premises •Personalized prescribing through Genesight by salivary DNA testing •Vivitrol monthly injections for alcohol and opioid dependence •He is certified by the DEA to prescribe suboxone, zubsolv, bunavail for opioid dependence •He performs Electro Convulsive Therapy at Fairview Southdale hospital •He works with a Ketamine infusion clinic for Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD)

• English

• Drug addiction
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizoaffective disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)