Dr. Sujit R. Varma

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sujit R. Varma

I have been seen by Dr. Sujit Varma for approx 3/4 yrs. He has been the only psychiatrist to date, and I've been referred to quite a few, to actually show any concern, understanding and compassion for the things that I deal with daily. He has been very proactive in making sure that I'm responding well to medications, checking for any interactions and doing very regular follow ups with me. There have been medications for my conditions that my body has not responded well to, and one occurred while he was out of the office, yet, he still took the time to check in with his assistant, Shannon, and I received answers, and a solution the same day. My medical conditions make me a very difficult patient to treat, being that I'm required to be on medications separate from psychiatric ones. However, Dr. Varma, has gone above and beyond in making sure that he is up to date on those conditions of mine as well, to guarantee that my safety is a priority. My only concern is who I'll be stuck seeing when he decides to take time for himself and retires. I very sincerely feel blessed to have him as the Dr. overseeing my mental health concerns. He has been more than a godsend. And, hopefully, he sees this review and knows how much he's appreciated.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I highly recommend him. He has treated 3 members of my famiky

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Excelsior. He is a very smart man. Culturally sensitive. Empathetic

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Came from Indiana and was referred to Dr. Varma. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and knows his business. He also has a great sense of humor. So thankful he's my psychiatrist!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

He goes beyond overboard when it comes to medications. He had me taking 6 different drugs at a total 28 pills per day. That did NOT include the 'as needed' medications either! Needless to say, there was an incident. Dr. Varma tried unsuccessfully to have me committed so he would not get sued. What better way is there to discredit a plaintiff/ witness in any court of law?

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Terrible doctor. Dr. Varma saw my daughter for addiction to sedatives. After weaning her from Xanex, he wrote her 32 new prescriptions in a 9 month period of time, The Xanex warning says you should not take it for more than a week as it interfere with sleep,. Actually Xanex interferes with REM sleep., causing sleeo deprivation and irrational behavior. He also prescribed her Bumetinide a diuretic that depletes potassium from the body. She suffered a seizure as her potassium was 2.9 Dr. Varma does not know the side effects of the drugs he prescribes.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I have unfortunately needed help in this area for many years. I have seen many doctors in this field and Dr. Varma is far better than most. He is not hard to deal with, nor has he ever shown himself to be disrespectful to me or others, that I have observed. He is not a psychologist, he is a psychiatrist-- they write prescriptions. If you need help in this area, Dr. Varma will help you if he can.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

He is very professional and efficient. One of the best psychiatrists I have seen. I see how he could be considered a "pill pusher" if you have never had a psychiatrist that trusted you before. He's just doing his job and he's good at it. The front desk staff is atrocious. I don't see how such a professional doctor could have such a scarily incompetent receptionist but oh well.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

83. The Rama is a wonderful position he's kind caring and has helped me tremendously I've been his patience for 4 years and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about!!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Horrible doctor, prescribed me dangerously addicting drugs on my first visit and then proceeded to constantly refuse to believe I was in fact using my pills for their intended use and not some low life junkie. Which is how he made me feel when I'd have to literally come in to the office and talk to the staff which must either need hearing aids or are just plain inconsiderate. He'd also make me wait dangerous amounts of days in between prescriptions because of their horrible planning.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. Sujit R. Varma's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Varma is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) and has been working in the mental health field since 1997. In addition to psychiatric medication management, Dr. Varma offers the following services: •Saliva drug testing through Cordant labs – done on the premises •Personalized prescribing through Genesight by salivary DNA testing •Vivitrol monthly injections for alcohol and opioid dependence •He is certified by the DEA to prescribe suboxone, zubsolv, bunavail for opioid dependence •He performs Electro Convulsive Therapy at Fairview Southdale hospital •He works with a Ketamine infusion clinic for Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD)

• English

• Drug addiction
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizoaffective disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)

• Aetna HMO