Dr. Sujit R. Varma

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sujit R. Varma

Over the 10 years+ since I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I have worked with countless Doctors and Therapists without much success. But Dr. Varma has given me my life back. He is very polite and enjoyable to work with. He has a calming demeanor and is not pretentious even though it is obvious he is very intelligent. He does a great job of listening and makes me feel very comfortable. He is willing to think outside of the box for people like me who have had a history of mediocre success with the normal range of standard treatments and medications. I wish I would have met him 10 years ago.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

Very knowledgeable & knows his occupation well. Always on time! Staff friendly & helpful as Well. Confusing healthcare system.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Dr Varma always treats me with the respect that I deserve to be treated with. He is always willing to try something new when I am feeling like I am not receiving the correct treatment for my medical issues. He came highly recommended to me. And, now that I have been seeing him for years, I have a few personal acquaintances that see him and are also very satisfied with the level of care they receive from Dr Varma.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Highly recommended. Dr Varma is willing to try alternative therapies

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

I have had 5 psychiatrists. He is the best I have had

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

Dr. Varma is engaging, and demonstrates his abilities to listen and develop the health plan that is right for you. I feel lucky to have been referred to him by my General Practitioner Clinic, and have kept going back since 2011.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

He is the most prompt doctor I have ever worked with. I have referred friends and family members to him.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Very knowledgeable and kind. He actually listens to you

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

He was able to squeeze me in. I would have had to wait 3-4 months to see someone else. He stayed longer and was willing to see me. I really appreciate Dr Varma for this.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

I love visiting with the good Dr V as we call him. He is funny and very knowledgeable. He doesn't just throw pills at you. He likes doing genetic saliva tests to confirm side effects before prescribing. He is very busy so you will have to be patient to be his patient (no pun intended). I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr. Sujit R. Varma's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Varma is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) and has been working in the mental health field since 1997. In addition to psychiatric medication management, Dr. Varma offers the following services: •Saliva drug testing through Cordant labs – done on the premises •Personalized prescribing through Genesight by salivary DNA testing •Vivitrol monthly injections for alcohol and opioid dependence •He is certified by the DEA to prescribe suboxone, zubsolv, bunavail for opioid dependence •He performs Electro Convulsive Therapy at Fairview Southdale hospital •He works with a Ketamine infusion clinic for Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD)

• English

• Drug addiction
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizoaffective disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)