Ratings for Dr. Grace T. Chu

I called in about a root canal and I was told it will only take 1 hour and 30 min and would be $303 after insurance so I go in but aft I waited 40 min the receptionist said it will cost me $606 and in I go to the doctor there doctor took 2 hour to poke my teeth to look at other teeth then the one I was there for after that hour she tells me it will be 2 hours to do the actual root canal in the mean time the receptionist comes to take my money while I was on the chair dentist , so they started around 15 minutes after I paid then here I am 3 hours later still this doctor keeps telling me not to move cause she is working hard here etc to make things worst her assistant keeps dropping tools and the takes time to look for them to find them to use them on my work and then in the middle on my root canal she keeps answering the phone to top it all off she put my crown back and she keep telling me she cannot put it back and to go to my doctor immediately and my crown is looking now like frenkenstien. I would not call this a doctor visit I will calling a nightmare live on earth

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Not finished with trtmnt .. she's been working on a root canal re treat, previously treated by someone else. Dr. Chu spoke with me over the phone and suggested the problem prob would require surgery! You can imagine my surprise..and relief!when, after my first appt, she said we should try something else. She said it MAYnot work, but to save the tooth, and avoid costly surgery we should try it, then check back in a year to see if abcrss She said that it would require surgery.cheaper than it ended up being but was I upset? No! I thought that it was going to require surgery, me to pay this out) BUT, what I did not like was the fact that when i asked her if, for the $1,800 ON AN "IFFY" AT BEST" procedure, was that after paying this all off a few mos.later if if I could come in to SEE IF THE ABCESS WAS SHRINKING. she said no, we need to wait a YR?7 mos later guess what i think is back? She sounded irritated when I called to see if shed check it. Grr. Its sensitivity, BAD taste, etc. Really??

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I had been to several endoodntist in my lfietime and I find her a very approachable and helpful doctor who really cares about her patient. She is very dilligent and professional. She was very thorough when I went in for an evaluation and explained to me. I went back to her a few weeks after for the procedure and I had a great experience. SHe was good with the shots, didn't even feel it until she said so. Her staff were very helpful and great people. I highly recommend her and I would go back to her in the future if ever I need another root canal.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Been to Dr Chu for two root canals. First root canal she couldn't complete after four hours. Had to reschedule for another visit to complete root canal. Sent home without any pain medicine. Second root took two hours. Again, sent home without any pain medicine. Will never go to Dr. Chu again.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

I have seen Dr.Chu for the past couple of years now for 2 root canals and she is excellent. I had a root canal that was poorly done by someone else, Dr.Chu was able to correct this so I did not have to undergo surgery. She truly cares about you and is always available. She calls you to make sure you are doing well after the procedure. Not many doctors go to that length to take care of their patients. If you need a root canal, she is one who will take care of you.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011