Ratings for Dr. Valeria Rubinstein

This letter is in reference to the care I received at the New York Medical and Surgical Eye Care. I was referred to Dr. Valeria Rubinstein by Dr. Fredrick (I started with Dr. Raymond Fong). I was being seen by Dr. Fong and then Dr. Fredrick and both diagnosed me as having Glaucoma. As time went on (approximately 2 to 4 years) my vision (particularly my left eye) became blurry for reading and seeing distance. Dr. Fredrick recommended me to a Glaucoma specialist, because he could not be sure conclusively whether I indeed had Glaucoma or not. (By the way, my mother had Glaucoma and was totally blind. My sister is legally blind and one of my brothers has been diagnosed with Glaucoma) Dr. Rubinstein was one of the Glaucoma specialists Dr. Fredrick suggested I make an appointment with. I chose Dr. Rubinstein. This was I believe in mid August 2017. I found Dr. Rubinstein to be thorough, patient, firm but understanding. Many test were performed to make 100% sure before any diagnoses was given. I had some fear or apprehension of having my eyeballs or corneas touched. I could not feel them being touched, however, I was still apprehensive at the thought of it. Dr. Rubinstein explained everything that was being done and why so I could be at ease. If I blinked too much, she patiently waited until I regained my composure. Once all the test were concluded, Dr. Rubenstein sat me down and explained how the Glaucoma should be treated and what I needed to do so there would be no further vision loss. I am glad that I decided on Dr. Rubenstein and I trust her expertise and her diagnoses regarding my eyes. That says a lot for her because I am usually very skeptical when it comes to doctors. I have a good feeling about her knowledge regarding the treatment of my eyes. I would highly recommend her to others who have similar eye issues. Ms. Denise Bennett

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Rubinstein. She is very thorough and professional and I had confidence that I was getting the best possible advice and care. I would eagerly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

The best doctor and staff!!! You will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Rubinstein about 2 years ago. At first, I had no idea what to expect. Having been under caring comfort of another Ophthalmologist, one day he just decides to mention I see her, then go back to him. Why? No idea. I guess my situation was becoming a little too complicated and he was looking for a solid, secondary opinion before moving forward. (My assumption) Even though my nerves were through-the-roof seeing as a bunch of crazy thoughts started erupting, the ease began as soon as I picked up the phone and called her office to make an appointment. Not only was her staff very respectful and friendly, I was provided with options regarding timing and openly talked about how and why I was referred to Dr. Rubinstein. As I worked it out and the day came for me to have my first meeting with her, there was something about the staff (once again) and the doctor’s tranquil office that helped continue to help me relax. What was quite pleasing was as soon as I signed in and started paper work, I was already called in to prep and before I knew it, there I was talking to Dr. Rubenstein. All in less than an hour to be exact! Open, detailed, honest, conscientious, and very friendly, Dr. Rubinstein made me feel like she and I had had a doctor-patient relationship for years. Not only did she go through with her usual check-up, but was also nice enough to have the patience to thoroughly explain everything about my condition and the medication I’ve been on for years. Even though I had knowledge of it, her explanation really put things into colorful perspective and I was drawn to her way of care. Knowing I was just there for a 1-time thing, I was glad she left it open for me to come back. 1 day turned into 2 years and hopefully many more. Not taking anything away from my previous doctor, but Dr. Rubinstein was the perfect example of right person, right time. Her first impression was long-lasting and to this day I refer people to her and recommend YOU give her a chance as well. Nothing is more important than our sense-of-sight, people. And I totally know and can say with great comfort Dr. Rubenstein will do all she can in her power to make sure it’s saved and preserved in every way, shape, or fashion! Go see her! (No pun)

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Any time I have to go to the doctor I become very apprehensive, except when the doctor and office is that of Valeria Rubenstein. I look forward to each appointment with great confidence and relief; she is well able to adapt and handle all needs related to her opthalmic specialty. I presented to her office with what seemed to be out-of-control high eye pressures. She performed what looked like an uncomfortable procedure painlessly, and managed to reduce my numerous medications down to merely two. She is knowledgeable, gentle, proficient, and extremely effective. Her staff is always professional. They are kind and understanding, while conducting business swiftly. They warm the practice and make a medical appointment enjoyable. It was a miracle I found Dr. Rubenstein's practice. I was terrified of losing my sight, and Dr. Rubenstein and her staff allayed my fears. I thank God for Dr. Valeria Rubenstein! - B. Samuel

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

Dr. Rubinstein is a specialist and expert in eye care and glaucoma. She demonstrates extraordinary knowledge and dedication in the treatment of her patients. Her office is comfortable and modern, with ease of appointments and minimal wait times. Visits to her office were always a pleasure and I would highly recommend her to someone seeking eye care.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

I am grateful to have been under Dr. Rubinstein's care for the past several years. Dr. Rubinstein is a truly dedicated doctor who cares deeply about all of her patients and their welfare.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

One of teh best doctors I have been to in a long long time! professional, caring, smart and a wonderful staff

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

Dr. Rubinstein is an excellent doctor who is very knowledgeable and skillful. She detected my glaucoma early on and is helping me keep the vision I have. Her medical care has allowed me to continue my career and everyday activities. I am so grateful to have her as my doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Rubinstein to anyone that needs an expert ophthalmologist who treats patients with the utmost care.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2012

Dr. Valeria Rubinstein's Credentials

• Spanish

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 2000)

Commercial Insurance Company