Ratings for Dr. Larry K. Lamb

Dr. Larry Lamb was a delight to see. I found his bedside manner above many other dr.'s in this area. He explained everything he was doing and everything he was looking for. After years of dealing with chronic pain, Dr Lamb found all test results normal. At this time I asked if it was possible for all of the pain to be in my head. Dr Lamb assured me that it was definitely not in my head, we just needed to keep trying to find the issue. He informed me that there are times when the type and area of the pain will make physicians think its the obvious, but sometimes you have to think out of the box. I would definitely refer a friend to Dr Lamb. he is a caring, compassionate man.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

I was referred to him by Primary care provider. Explained low back problem and ordered a bone scan for possible injections. nothing showed up and his response was "well what do you want me to do now?" Nothing there. I can assure you I am in PAIN!! He suggested Physical Therapy AGAIN its not working. The smugness of this guy is unbelievable. If you have pain that doesnt show up on a bone scan then its not there according to him. I cannot lift 40 pounds without wencing in pain. I am looking for help not just pain killers!! Been going on for 4 years now and no one is listening.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Lamb by my family doctor. I went to him complaining of pain in my hip. As a back specialist, he immediately decided I had a slipped disc in my back. He had no evidence of a slipped disc. When I asked about having an MRI done on my hip, he said that was pointless and couldn't even be done. He was extremely rude and did not listen to any of my concerns. I went to another doctor, who got an MRI done on my hip, using a contrast. It turns out I had a labral tear in my hip (the cartilage in the hip). My doctor repaired the labral tear through arthoscopic surgery. I was back to work within a week and fully healed 6 weeks later after completing some physical therapy. I was very fortunate that I found another doctor who was more prudent in diagnosing my condition.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2007

I found him kind, listen to my concerns I'll see him again

flag | Submitted December 5, 2006

i was referred to dr. lamb by my primary doc. at the first visit, when i brought my x-rays and mri's to his attention, he said quote: "i can help you". i was SO EXCITED to finally HAVE a diagnosis, and he pronounced mine as "occipital neuralgia", which has treatments available. when i asked questions he was almost MEAN; obviously did not care to listen or spend any time educating me about this problem. brusque, know-it-all attitude. and the treatment he sent me to someone else for DID NOT WORK, either. so it was a total waste of time/money.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2006

I went to this Dr for a shoulder problem. He could find nothing wrong. He wrote in my progress notes "I cannot and willnot subsidize a disability that is not there. I think I'm having my chain pulled." He is very unprofessional, pays no attention to paitent's complaints. It required a call from my physical therapist to allert this doctor to my problem. Where this doctor said there was nothing wrong, another surgeon did surgery and fixed three tears in my shoulder. I am now recovering but at a slower rate than if surgery would have been done sooner.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2006

Dr. Larry K. Lamb's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)