Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Hagen

Bad outcome with our father - not happy with this physician

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. Hagen does not have the patient's best interest in mind. He talks at you and doesn't care to have dialogue. He is egotistical and has terrible bed side manners. He thinks in terms of dollars and how he can perform another surgery even if it mean withholding the truth.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

He saved my life! His interns sucked but it is a teaching hospital. He was very knowledgable ands had great bedside manner with humor. Brilliant man!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Our family had visited Dr. Jeffrey Hagen for our grandfather. He was rude, discourteous, arrogant, ill-informed and someone that your surprised is even a doctor. He did not take the time to listen to our concerns. We had initially been referred by our primary. In asking around we heard about many complications by him and botched surgeries. I recommend that you do your research before considering Dr Jeffrey Hagen and be informed. We decided he was not what our family needed and we didnt want to risk our loved ones outcome at the hands of this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

Dr. Hagen was all about doing his best for his patient. He got down to the facts, then the business of planning a possible cure for his patient. His nurse assistant was very helpful, and I could tell she had worked from experience. I, the patient's wife, was told what we were up against in a sincere and compassionate, yet positive outlook. I felt compassion from both doctor and nurse, both before surgery and after. We had great results, and my husband has had extended years of a normal life...so far. I can only thank the surgeon for his devotion and tireless help. It's easy to criticize when a life is on the line, but take into consideration what these professionals go through to help the terminally ill. I praise Doctor Hagen for his courage, his fortitude, and his honesty.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

My wife had two surgeries. First hiatial hernia surgery, second surgery to repair damage to ribs and chestwall caused by first surgery. Ribs did not heal properly and three years later hernia needs repair again. Hernia surgery was performed by going through her back which might have caused extensive damage to ribs. Upcoming surgery to be performed by different surgeon through the front. Last consultation with Dr. Hagen, my wife now suffers from permanent nerve damage caused by previous two surgeries. No libel, just fact.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

Poor office staff. Not very patient friendly. Would probably not go back.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Had supplemental policy for co-pays. I had very difficult case - very large hiatal hernia that had allowed stomach to turn upside down and migrate almost entirely into the chest cavity. Numerous doctors failed to diagnose. He figured it out and fixed it right the first time. I didn't like the length of time it took to get initial appointment (about 2 months) and time to get all the tests scheduled (another 2 months).

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

This doctor is very concerned about the patients problems and explains everything thoroughly. Follow-up is a 24 hr service from him. Can call anytime with questions or problems.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2006

Dr. Jeffrey A. Hagen's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)